Calling for fresh ideas that will shout: “fresh and delicious bread sold here, people”!
Bread. Ah! Who doesn’t love freshly baked bread? When it’s nice and warm you spread butter on it, delicious! Now think of bread from a creative point of view. Think of yourself walking down the bread aisle in the grocery store and now compare it to the bread in a bakery. No inspiration in the supermarket, right? It doesn't have the delicious or fresh appeal as in a bakery. That’s where you come in!
Tip Top is an amazing Australian bread brand and they’ve decided they’re going to bring some food appeal to the dull looking bread category. We need your help! Use your talent and imagination to redefine the way we present that prime piece of dough.
We’re not looking for just a graphic change. Unleash your ideas for the entire package – do we use a different material, different re-sealer, add a huge sticker with the date of manufacture? What innovative changes can you bring to the category to boost the appeal of bread?
Blow us away with clever and creative package designs that will make shoppers believe that packaged bread in the supermarket is fresh and delicious.
So you’ve got your typical mom walking down the supermarket. She selects a nice piece of fresh salmon, some juicy apples, a fine looking rib eye steak and then she hits the bread aisle. Yawn. But she chooses Tip Top bread. It’s Australia’s favorite bread brand but it doesn’t make her feel like it’s just as fresh as her other products.
Help her out by creating a range of ideas that exhibit freshness in its broadest sense and how this could be applied to the way packaged bread is presented. We are not looking for new graphic design alone, it should be part of a bigger idea.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them literally in your submission or it will be rejected.
Check the bread aisles yourself. Look at the way they’re displayed. What’s missing? What can you do to bring up the food appeal and excitement level?
Look at what current packages have – a sealer, a wrap, the date it was baked. Think of the way it is displayed with the other breads and of the shopper's state of mind (what other products will she use with this bread?).
We don’t want the current pack structure/substrate with new graphics – think bigger than that.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
Presentation with illustration
We are looking for innovation and creativity. Bring ideas that would change the bread world forever.
Ideally, create a simple pack (structure and potentially design), which lets me know that my everyday bread in the aisle is just as good (fresh) as the in store bakery.
Guidelines for this contest
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.