Can You Be The Official Destroyer Of Cliché Stock Pictures?
We all know the horrible picture collections that can be found on stock picture sites, right? Well now it’s your turn to create a bank of authentic, interesting and deep pictures.
AIA is an insurance company that is all about “REAL LIFE”, real problems, real issues and real solutions. They want to portray their connection to life issues by filling up their visual pool with pictures of genuine people experiencing genuine moments.
We want to see real life – not perfection. Compose a picture that shows the ups and downs of life, but still has a sense of persistent optimism. We want visuals that people can relate to because they’ve experienced them themselves. They MUST look natural.
Real life captured – send us pictures that show us that. Leave the clichés to the stock pic websites.
Your head shakes in disappointment every time you see a loving couple holding hands and all the children are happy and cheerful. Makes your stomach turn a bit, doesn’t it? Well that’s why we need a pool of actual people, living an actual life that isn’t always perfect.
We want intriguing and deep pictures - that make you think and understand the story behind them and that are dynamic and inspiring. Please don’t send us any clichés.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them literally in your submission or it will be rejected.
We really would like to have pictures that have a sense of persistent optimism – even when it’s not perfect, it’s still hopeful and positive.
Show us real life in different moments but ALWAYS natural (not staged or fake).
Good examples: bittersweet moments - you are getting married (while it is pouring with rain), your child's first day at school (he’s not a baby anymore), husband had a bad day at work and his wife is comforting him.
Bad examples: hospital beds, over hugging, over laughing…
- #1 Prize €5,000
- #2 Prize €3,000
- #3 Prize €2,000
- #4 Prize €1,000
- #5 Prize €1,000
- #6 Prize €500
- #7 Prize €500
- #8 Prize €500
- #9 Prize €500
- #10 Prize €500
- #11 Prize €200
- #12 Prize €200
- #13 Prize €100
High quality photos
Tell stories – send us pictures that describe an entire event or relationship in just one frame. Show movement, we don’t want visuals that seem to be over-directed.
Guidelines for this contest
- We need Asian diversity – focus on Asia. Westerners are also acceptable but focus on Asians
- Your media has to be your own work to be considered for the contest. Photos from any bank images will not be accepted
- The pictures need to be intriguing – seduce me to want to hear the story
- Your photo can show any moment and age group
- NO CLICHES
- Nothing overtly sexual or showing too much flesh
- Don't show other brands
- The photos have to be at least 2048 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 2048 pixels tall (if a vertical image).
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.