Look towards the future! Revolutionize the way kids drink from bottles.
Designing products for children is very exciting. They are very demanding and challenging! They bring joy and fun to everything in life. Yet when they find something they like, they are very eager and enthusiastic about it. A child's smile is the best reward!
When it comes to beverages, kids are always curious of trying new ways to drink. Of course parents look for systems that are safe and clean, but kids enjoy convenience and fun.
A leader of the beverage packaging industry is looking to innovate in this field and needs your help to create the next big drinking hit for kids.
Design a new “dispensing system” (i.e. the interface between bottle and drinker that dispenses the liquid) that will bring kids aged 4 to 11 a totally new drinking experience.
Invent a breakthrough “dispensing system” for water or juices that changes the way kids between 4 and 11 drink – to make the experience fun and fresh.
By “dispensing system” we mean a device from which people drink from. It’s on top of the bottle and is known as the cap.
Not only are we interested in getting ideas for a closure system, but also for the way the drink is dispensed to the drinker's mouth.
Your system must be safe and secure for kids to use but also intuitive and fun to use. Kids will love to drink juices or water with this revolutionary system.
The age range, 4 to 11 years old, is quite wide. Here’s what you can do.
You can choose:
- either your idea works for the entire age range: it works for a 4 year old and also a 11 year old
- or you create a system that works for a smaller age group, such as 4 to 7 years old or the older group, from 8 to 11 years old.
Your system is made for fruit juices or water. It is attached to a plastic bottle (no can, carton and pouch).
The focus of the brief is not to create a new bottle design. Although you are free to invent any new shape to fit with your dispensing system.
Only keep in mind that it is to be consumed on-the-go (at school, at Kindergarten, in the car, in a park etc. ).
For reasons of hygiene, the bottle is to be single use.
There are exclusions for this contest (see the image for reference):
- No “pour-in-a- glass” system. The drink will be consumed straight from the container to the mouth.
- No system that is screwed, snap-on or crimped.
- No push-pull sport cap
- No flip-top sport cap
- No straw insert
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Until recently, after a major change, people were using bottles with sport caps. They had to detach a plastic part, trash it and then pull the cap to drink. Problem was: kids could swallow the plastic part and they had to put their hands on the part that was in contact with their mouth. Not safe and not hygienic. To improve that system, the flip top was created. You can open with only one hand without touching the cap and it is reclosable. Parents and kids love it!
Now it’s your turn to invent the next dispensing system hit.
You can get inspiration from other products like personal care or even home care.
Focus on kids aged 4 to 11. Look at what they like, how playful their whole life is and imagine the perfect drinking system to make the whole experience so much fun.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
Presentation two pages max (visuals and explanation of the concept).
We will accept only entries that propose something new and fun.
Awards will go to the most inventive idea that has never been seen before. Please push the boundaries and wow us!
Guidelines for this contest
- Consider the no-go areas as otherwise your entry will be rejected.
- You need to create a new dispensing system, not a new drink.
- Your idea must be intuitive and convenient.
- It must be fun and playful for kids
- It must appeal to parents: so be safe and secure.
- Entries should be two pages max: visuals and explanation of the concept.
- Entries should be in English.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.