What could your ideal “partner in health” offer?
“In sickness and in health” these words that we often hear at wedding ceremonies remind us that we have to be there for each other at all times, in our younger and older days, whether we are healthy, ill or recovering.
That’s why Bupa wants to be there for you at all times, whether you’re sick or healthy.
Health is our most precious asset. Some neglect it; others go to great lengths to stay fit and healthy. Bupa is there for all health types and provides a range of products, tools and services including health insurance, aged care, optical, dental, health coaching and corporate wellness, as well as a lot of partnerships to help people be healthier. They would like to expand to be a real partner of your health.
They want to let people know that they are taking care of them – no matter what goes on in their life. But they don’t want to just talk the talk, they need to show they mean it by creating ‘health value’ that everyone needs but doesn’t have.
What could that mean and what could they offer, to you or people of all ages?
Show us through original ideas for new products, services, business partnerships or experiences what your ideal partner in health could offer, to you or to people you care about.
Partners are those that are here for you when you need them, or not – they are always here for you. Partners help you with big and small things and you can always rely on them. Sometimes they know you so well that they can anticipate your needs.
Your ideas could be for yourself, for younger or older people, for families or singles. They should encourage healthy people to be healthier and help unhealthy or sick people to go through a tough time. You could think about staying healthy and fit, preventing illnesses, supporting someone when ill or when they have recovered or any other moments in your life where health matters.
Bupa wants to be more than just a health insurance or aged care company; it wants the community to really see it as a wingman to a better life. They will invest in developing tools and services that customers will want to use because they help their everyday body-related tasks. They want to be the enabler to a better life and to better health – to become a brand that the public adopts and loves.
Think about ideas that could be implemented today or in 10 years. You don’t need to explain in detail how it will work from a technology standpoint. We are more interested in innovative products, tools, apps, partnerships or services that will really make the company a true partner to someone’s health.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them literally in your submission or it will be rejected.
A bad idea would be: an app that gives you health tips. It is a bad idea because it already exists and is not very original. You can include apps as a way to deliver your idea but it needs to be something very original and with a lot of impact. Not a gimmick.
A good idea would be: An online service that allows people staying in hospital to connect with their loved ones, as well as other people with the same condition staying in the hospital to connect via video calls, and provides them with entertainment, shared activities and information about their condition. This will help people staying in hospital feel less lonely, getting some support from their friends and families and also meeting people to give each other support. This will completely transform the hospital stay experience. Bupa will be a real partner to your health by offering you this support in tough times.
Or, an idea that helps people achieve their health goals – whether it’s an exercise and diet program related to lowering their cholesterol; mental well-being exercises; or helping to identify a balanced diet… the list is endless!
- #1 Prize €4,000
- #2 Prize €2,000
- #3 Prize €2,000
- #4 Prize €1,000
- #5 Prize €1,000
Presentation with visuals and text description (Maximum 7 pages)
We are looking for ideas that will inspire Bupa to expand its activities today but also plan for the future of healthcare. The most important is that your idea really delivers on the notion of being a partner in sickness and in health.
Quality of your work does not matter as long as we can clearly see and understand what your idea is about, who will benefit from it and why you think it is original.
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries must be in English.
- We are looking for big ideas, not just an app or a game.
- In your entry please explain what your idea is about, who will benefit from it and why you think it does not exist today or is better than what currently exists.
- You can think about something that could be implemented today or in the next 10 years. We may not have hospitals on Mars or teleportation for all then, so keep your ideas ambitious and original, but also realistic.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.