Design an impactful tower display for 3 premium fragrance brands to make them stand out as perfect holiday gifts.
Picture yourself 6 months from now, during the peak period of the end of the year. You are shopping for groceries and are vaguely looking for a gift for your niece or your brother in law. Entering a hypermarket, you could be attracted to the separate fragrance area where famous brands are offering gift sets. There are many of them; they are all offering a pretty cool selection of products. How can you choose?
Mexx, Christina Aguilera and Bruno Banani from Procter & Gamble are premium fragrance brands that sell a lot during the Christmas season.
People love to get a high-quality fragrance and one or two other products such as shower gel or after shave lotion, as they know it will make a great gift for their close ones.
In hypermarkets, these brands are presented together, in a single tower. Procter & Gamble would like your help to design good-looking displays that will not only catch the attention of busy shoppers, but also suggest that even if bought in hypermarkets, these gift packs are high-quality products.
Design an impactful and premium tower display for 3 premium fragrance brands: Mexx, Christina Aguilera and Bruno Banani that will catch the attention of shoppers and suggest that these gift sets are perfect presents, even if bought in hypermarkets.
Your design must be very innovative, fresh and original to stand out among the hundreds of brands competing for attention during the festive season.
By “premium” we mean something classy, neat and attractive. But you’re free to interpret the festive season in your own way.
You have to submit an idea for a tower (a template is provided in the toolkit, downloadable from the guidelines) and you can add an idea for a more unusual display.
Your idea should be festive, eye-catching and premium. It should express the high-quality of these fragrances and assure people looking for presents that these will make their loved-ones happy.
From a distance, shoppers in hypermarkets will notice your display. Yet you can include text, something
that customers can read when that come close to the tower.
The design should NOT focus on any of the brands in particular but be generic for all three of them.
Please tell us a bit about your idea, like where your inspiration comes from.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them literally in your submission or it will be rejected.
Put yourself in the spirit of Christmas (it’s only May… but remember how it feels) Think about the presents you could look for in a crowed place and while you are busy. What could attract you to that nice fragrance area? What could make these brands stand out from the crowd?
Here is an example of what has been done in the past. We believe you can do much better than that!
- #1 Prize €4,000
- #2 Prize €2,000
- #3 Prize €2,000
- #4 Prize €1,000
- #5 Prize €1,000
Presentations, design based on template. (3 pages max. PDF only)
Awards will go to entries that best manage to bring to life the gifting occasion while being original, premium and eye-catching. Winning entries will also be able to attract busy shoppers.
Guidelines for this contest
- You must not root your idea into one of the brands specifically. Focus on the gifting occasion and just keep in mind that these are quality fragrances.
- Please explain your idea in a short paragraph.
- You have to submit an idea for a tower but you can also suggest something different, with an unusual shape. The two should work together, be consistent.
- Download the template for the tower, the pack shots and the logos from the toolkit.
- Entries should be in English.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.