Can you create an authentic bond between SK-II products and a model that is attractive to young women?
Have you noticed how all the ads for cosmetic brands are similar? A close-up picture of a model holding a product… They look cold and distant, hardly believable. Does that model really use that product? Does she really connect with younger women?
SK-II needs your help to reinvent cosmetic ads. Picture a young working woman in her late twenties or early thirties. She is looking for genuine, authentic interaction with people and with brands they see as sharing their values. She appreciates captivating, authentic stories and unexpected, fresh designs. Above all, she dislikes pushy advertising and all the tired marketing clichés!
SK-II has much to offer to young women: Not only does it give them crystal clear skin, it helps their inner positive force to shine through so that they can captivate others. Help SK-II express that in a visual for an ad that feels authentic as it connects the product with the model.
Create an original print ad that will instigate women’s desire to be part of the SK-II world. Through your visual, make us feel the emotional bond between the product and the model, and of course, the viewer.
We are looking for authenticity with a premium feel. Your visual must connect the product, the model and of course engage the viewer. Your model could be doing something, not necessarily a static close up of her face. Of course, she must have crystal clear skin. We’d like to see a touch of red (Pantone 202) as it is SK-II’s color, but feel free to play with colors, shape, and products. Make sure the model does not look down on the products. Lastly, challenge the convention, beautifully.
You can feature any one of the following products in your ad:
- Facial Treatment Essence, the miracle water - our most awarded best-seller.
- Stempower, super powerful firming cream.
- Stempower Essence, our most incredible “fountain of youth” essence.
Or you can submit 3 ads for the 3 different products and stand to win 3 different prizes for each product category.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them literally in your submission or it will be rejected.
First, think about young working women. What do they like? Dislike? What are their hopes and fears? How do they see the world and would like to impact it? Don’t get too influenced by beauty ads. Instead you could be looking at other types of ads for different types of products. Draw inspiration from movies, pictures or illustrations. For example you could imagine a very contemporary, urban setting showing a close-up of a woman’s face. She could be in a busy street in Shanghai or Tokyo. There is an ad for a SK-II product on a big advertising screen next to her. The gentle glow of the ad on her face and the way her skin radiates positive energy contrast nicely with the tones of the city around her. The whole mood is a bit surreal yet very peaceful and appealing.
- #1 Prize #1 for `Facial Treatment Essence` ad (€3,000)
- #2 Prize #1 for `Stempower Essence` ad (€3,000)
- #3 Prize #1 for `Stempower` ad (€3,000)
- #4 Prize #2 for `Facial Treatment Essence` ad (€1,500)
- #5 Prize #2 for `Stempower Essence` ad (€1,500)
- #6 Prize #2 for `Stempower` ad (€1,500)
- #7 Prize #3 for `Facial Treatment Essence` ad (€500)
- #8 Prize #3 for `Stempower Essence` ad (€500)
- #9 Prize #3 for `Stempower` ad (€500)
Photography, illustration with product embedded
We need inspiration for a new kind of artistic visual featuring a woman and a product, with a deeper emotional connection between the model and the product, as well as with the viewer. These visuals need to better reflect our brand values, stand out from the category clichés and instigate DESIRE among young women in their late 20s and early 30s.
Guidelines for this contest
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.