Can Pitera™ transform not just your skin but your shopping experience?
In the 1970s, SK-II scientists started on a fervent quest to uncover a skincare ingredient that would make beautiful skin a reality for every woman. Despite researching a myriad of possibilities, the secret long eluded them.
By coincidence, the scientists eventually found themselves in a simple sake brewery where they chanced upon the soft and youthful hands of aged sake brewers. Back in their laboratories, they surmised that the secret must lie in the fermentation liquid that the brewers’ hands were in constant contact with during the sake fermentation process.
A rigorous search of over 350 kinds of yeast was conducted before these researchers discovered the unique yeast strain that held the secret to crystal clear skin: Pitera™ – the key ingredient in SK-II products.
Derived from a strictly controlled natural fermentation process, Pitera™ is a clear liquid rich in vitamins, amino acids, minerals and organic acids that work together to allow the skin’s natural surface rejuvenation process to function at its prime.
This combination of nutrients works to dramatically improve the skin’s natural surface rejuvenation process, to maintain and enhance the skin’s translucency, softness and smoothness, for the transformation to crystal clear skin.
SK-II is seeking your ideas to express Pitera™ creatively in its beauty counters.
Redesign SK-II beauty counter and stop women in their tracks by featuring SK-II’s Pitera™ in a visually arresting way that will make them curious to find out more about the brand and its products.
Imagine an SK-II counter within a department store. There’s usually limited space and there are many skincare and make-up counters around competing for your attention.
Within the counter, can you feature SK-II’s Pitera™ in a way that is visually arresting, that will stop women in their tracks and make them curious to find out more about the brand and its products?
In your presentation, please show us:
- How Pitera™ could be visually featured in a lightbox and beyond, within the counter
- The layout of the counter
- The visual design of the counter
Feel free to use the blank layout plan provided here as a basis for your layout design or you can design your own!
Be creative in your idea and explore how the visual expression of Pitera™ could look like, perhaps as a two-dimensional poster that can be put in a light box. How about a three-dimensional installation or something that people can experience or interact with? Or a centerpiece of Pitera™ from which the experience with the products “radiates” from? We want you to be as creative and innovative with your ideas as possible.
Pitera™ is currently expressed as a drop, you can refer to it here and you can use it for reference and inspiration.
In your text description, please answer the following questions:
- What is your idea about?
- How does it make people understand what Pitera™ is about?
- How is it engaging to women who are faced with numerous choices at the department store?
We are looking for good quality drawings of your visuals, it can be 2D or 3D drawings; it must be more than a rough sketch with a pencil on a paper.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
A good example might show the Pitera™ heritage through an installation of the SK-II Facial Treatment Essence in rice, the base ingredient of sake, with a continuous drip of crystal clear liquid representing Pitera™ slowing falling off the bottle to show renewal. The liquid could form a flow towards the rest of the product range, integrating the installation with the rest of the counter. This will be a centerpiece and the different product lines will be organized around the source of it all, the “Pitera™ fountain of youth”.
A “hero” wall showcasing the SK-II Facial Treatment Essence on a pedestal would be a bad idea because it does not say anything about Pitera™.
- #1 Prize €4,000
- #2 Prize €2,000
- #3 Prize €1,000
- #4 Prize €1,000
Presentation with text and visuals (maximum 5 pages PDF)
We are looking for engaging and innovative in-store counter design ideas that holistically integrate Pitera™ into the shopping experience, including the products on display. Your ideas should create a feeling of awe and wonder when women see the counter, enticing them to spend time at SK-II.
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries should be in English.
- You can use the SK-II logo available here.
- Please show a holistic SK-II retail counter experience, not just a single poster that is meant for a light box. Include a design of the whole counter, as well as close-up of key elements you feel would highlight its uniqueness.
- Please use the SK-II red: Pantone 202.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.