Can you convince women in China that SK-II is the best skincare brand for them?
Imagine a young woman in China - in a society that has developed by leaps and bounds, this is finally her time. She works hard and has high aspirations. She is intelligent and capable. But she feels like she needs to outwardly display her best self in order to compete and be equal in society.
Modern and affluent, she has achieved a lot in life but she wants more. For her, skincare is not about a product, it’s about a brand. She loves the premium experience of a luxury brand, especially Western brands. She can afford to pamper herself, but she needs to consider what she chooses to spend her money on. She pays close attention to the brand she chooses because it is an extension of her personality and an indication of her status in society.
SK-II is a premium skincare brand with a rich Asian heritage that has much to offer these women. Not only does it give them the miracle transformation of crystal clear skin, it helps them bring out their true best selves.
Help convince these young, modern and affluent women in China that SK-II is the best and most desirable premium skincare brand for Asian women, restoring the magic of SK-II in their hearts and minds.
Create surprising online, outdoor, or in-store activities that will convince young, modern and affluent women in China that SK-II is the best premium skincare brand for Asian skin.
We want to see fresh and engaging ideas that will persuade women in China to choose SK-II by communicating that it is the best and most desired premium skincare brand for Asian skin. These can be digital, mobile, outdoor, in-store, or event ideas – or suggest another awesome idea.
Please submit your idea in a presentation with text description and at least one visual. Examples of these include illustrations, storyboards, collages, posters, and mood boards. Remember to describe your idea.
The ideas should be original and surprising, ideas that these women in China can identify with. They associate quality and premiumness with trophy skincare brands that come from the West as opposed to Asian brands, and want to show their social status through their choice. They are looking for a skincare brand that they can proudly tell their friends about.
The SK-II brand is luxury and premium yet not “over the top.” Express your idea in a stylish and sophisticated way that is true to our Asian heritage. If you want, you can use a touch of SK-II red: Pantone 202
In your submission, tell us:
- What type of activity did you choose: digital, mobile, outdoor, in-store, event, etc.?
- Explain how premiumness, luxury, style and sophistication are presented in your idea.
- How does your idea engage women in China and create desire for SK-II?
- What makes your idea unique to SK-II versus other premium skincare brands?
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Think about who we’re communicating to: women in China who are young, modern and affluent. They have vast opportunities and they are confidently striving to achieve more. They aspire to well-known, top-of-mind Western brands. They are very busy and are constantly bombarded with brand messages so your ideas must catch their attention and create desire for SK-II. These should be ideas that are unique to SK-II, ideas that other brands don’t do or don’t do well. They should be ideas that can be executed in a short amount of time.
Remember to give us enough details about your ideas, how the different elements work together, and what makes it unique to SK-II versus other premium skincare brands. Surprise and delight us!
- #1 Prize €5,000
- #2 Prize €3,000
- #3 Prize €3,000
- #4 Prize €2,000
- #5 Prize €2,000
Presentation with text and visuals, maximum 5 pages (PDF).
Our client will award the most original ideas that will inspire their communication, ideas that convey sophistication and style in an engaging way. These ideas need to reflect our brand values, stand out from the category clichés and create desire for the brand.
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries should be in English or Chinese.
- Your entry must answer the 4 questions stated in the brief.
- You can use the SK-II logo available here.
- If you want, you can use a touch of SK-II red: Pantone 202
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.