How can AXE turn you into a girl magnet?
AXE, also known as Lynx in some countries, is a deodorant brand that young men who are 15 to 20 years old (known as “Millenials”) absolutely love. Why? Because of the “AXE effect” it has on girls…
These men often feel a bit unsecure yet they want to attract girls. But they don't have the courage to approach them… AXE deodorant, famous for its delicious fragrances help these young men feel more confident. With AXE, they smell good, look good and feel good! That’s the “AXE effect”. It gives men an edge.
Imagine that AXE is your best buddy. What amazing antics could he come up with to help young men get girls?
Tell us what your buddy AXE could do, especially online and on social media to help young men attract girls.
It should be a clever idea, something really memorable, hilarious, surprising, and joyful or emotionally engaging that is showing the uniqueness of AXE and in line with the brand idea that “AXE gives guys an edge.”
You can tell us your idea and illustrate it with pictures. Think about how it could work across different social media channels like YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Spotify and others:
- Your idea should be unique and inventive and appeal to young men 15 to 20 years old, for whom feeling, looking and smelling good are essential to be more confident and seduce girls. You need to capture their attention.
- It is very important that your idea works online. It does not need to work across all the channels we describe but at least work on more than one.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
First think about these young guys. Maybe you are one of them :)
You could start by thinking about how AXE makes people feel: confident, irresistible, heroes… and what makes them feel this way. Maybe it is the fragrance, or it boosts guy’s ego so they take more care about their appearance? Or they feel fresh all the time so when everyone is tired they can still go on and make a move on girls?
For example your buddy AXE knows that girls like confident men… And what could show confidence? A guy who dare to ask stunningly beautiful girls, who are complete strangers to take a selfie with him! So your idea could be about a competition for the man who has the most selfies of him with attractive girls.
Guys will compete with each other and post selfies on their Facebook page, Instagram or Pinterest. Every time you post a selfie you can let AXE know with a special Twitter hashtag. Every week AXE will choose a winner and turn his pictures into a cool video on YouTube, to further spread his fame. He will also be featured in an AXE Hall of Fame on Facebook. The ultimate winner after 1 year gets an all-expenses paid trip to the Playboy mansion in the US.
And all participants definitely got an edge as by showing their confidence, they will probably got a few dates in return…
Any creative idea can work, as long as it’s linked to the brand’s vision, which is: AXE gives guys an edge. And there are many clever and fun ways to roll-out this idea into digital channels, consistently.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
Presentations (3 pages maximum)
The goal for AXE is to come up with a great idea for an online campaign that could be used across many different social media channels.
We will only accept entries that have a strong and original creative idea and that tell us how they can be executed on-line. It is mandatory to imagine how your idea will work, digitally. The jury will be sensible to the genius originality of the idea!
Guidelines for this contest
- Be original and inventive! Have fun and be crazy!
- Your idea must be in line with young men’s lives and with AXE’s brand promise which is to make guys more confident and more attractive to girls, while giving them an edge.
- Getting girls is not about sex, it’s just that life is more fun when girls are around. Do not make the storyline sexual, obscene or slighting for girls.
- Download logos from here.
- Entries should be in English or Spanish.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.