Show us how a food moment can be sublimed, with an authentic Chinese touch from Lee Kum Kee
Cooking offers so many possibilities. That’s why we have so many distinctively different and flavorful cuisines from various countries and regions all over the world. They satisfy our palates, enrich our culture and our lives, and most importantly, often help us remember the nice and warm memories of the past, or enhance a lovely and joyful cooking or eating experience.
We know what makes these different cuisines so special: it is not only the best ingredients, but also the best condiments from all over the world. Lee Kum Kee represents the highest standard of Asia’s best condiments, especially for Chinese cuisine. Think about the rich and diverse flavors of Chinese cuisine, the sweetness and sourness, or the freshness and spiciness, the layers of taste that are built and enhanced by a wide range of Chinese condiments (like oyster sauce, soy sauce, chili sauce, etc.), which Lee Kum Kee has been dedicatedly preparing for 126 years.
Through an appealing, heart-warming or entertaining video/animation, show us how an authentic touch of Lee Kum Kee's Chinese condiments can create a memorable, joyful and inspirational food moment.
Your video/animation should build an emotional connection between the audience and the Lee Kum Kee brand by showing an appealing experience. It should have the potential to go viral on the Internet and enhance the brand's popularity. Lee Kum Kee is a well-known brand in Asia and among Chinese cuisine lovers but we believe it can travel around the world, winning the hearts of people who don't yet know of it but who would love to enjoy the superior quality and delicious taste. Every foodie in the world is entitled to have access to Lee Kum Kee products. Your entry can be a mini-movie, personal story, or even a music video, as long as it depicts a memorable, joyful and inspirational food experience, such as cooking, eating, sharing a meal, etc.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
You can start thinking about all the memorable moments you have had or heard about in cooking or food. Think about how a taste of authentic Chinese condiment can make an impact and make a cooking or eating experience more interesting, warm, memorable or entertaining.
E.g. It can be a warm and touching story about how a girl and a boy from completely different countries and cultural backgrounds found each other through a discovery of the taste of Lee Kum Kee’s oyster sauce in a culinary competition and fell in love. Or it can be a fun and entertaining story about how an experimental Italian chef accidentally tried a spoonful of Lee Kum Kee chili sauce and was inspired and finally reinvented the recipe of an Italian cuisine.
- #1 Prize €8,000
- #2 Prize €5,000
- #3 Prize €2,000
Video/animation, 60 seconds maximum
We expect high quality, inspirational and appealing stories that show the audience an amazing food moment made different by a touch of Lee Kum Kee's condiments.
The winning entry will be awarded and featured in Lee Kum Kee's social media channels.
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries must be in English or in other language with English subtitles.
- Do not submit entries that are purely about recipes or cooking demonstration.
- You should at least feature one Lee Kum Kee Sauce in your work.
- Please also include the Lee Kum Kee logo at the end of your creation, download here
- The video should not have an ironic, mocking, denigrating tone or include any sexual references or black humor.
- Lee Kum Kee is a modern global brand with Chinese heritage, so please avoid any clichés about China or Chinese culture such as dragon dance, kung-fu, dim sums, etc.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.