Never stop playing with Duracell batteries!
Did you know that a preschooler's risk of obesity increases by 6% for every hour spent in front of the TV every day and up to 31% if the TV is in their bedroom? Have you ever thought that an average adult speaks 941 words an hour and that this diminishes to 50 when a TV is on?
Duracell believes that playing with toys is what makes children and the whole family active and healthy. It also allows us to express ourselves and socialize with others.
Duracell believes that we shall never stop playing! Playing is wonderful. The whole family should stop staring at screens and take notice.
That’s why powered toys, like Radio Controlled helicopters, digital cameras or electronic musical instruments appeal to children, and their parents, as they make kids active. Yet ordinary batteries will make toys run out of power quickly, and disappointed children will end up watching TV or playing on a tablet. With Duracell batteries, which have a longer service life, parents can be sure that kids, teenagers but also their wife or husband will keep playing rather than glue themselves to a screen.
Create a “social” video that shows how Duracell batteries enable kids to be active longer and have more fun, while dramatizing the amazing longevity of Duracell in toys.
By “social” we mean a video that will surprise people and make them share it with their friends and family. This kind of video has a very creative idea, an amazing story and a nice way to touch or entertain people.
Your video should show how Duracell battery-powered toys have a longer life and how this encourages kids and potentially their family to be more active and have more fun than if they were staying in front of a screen.
The brand mascot, the Duracell pink bunny could feature in your video, but this is optional.
Your video might be used as it is on YouTube and be supported massively by Duracell. Or it could be reworked, based on your idea to fit the brand’s own creative style and then be aired as well and get coverage.
In any case, keep in mind that those videos are designed for the web. They must “travel” massively and get shared a lot.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
A good entry could show a little girl watching TV with her baby-sitter. The baby sitter falls asleep and the bunny appears. He tells the little girl to look out the window and see the beautiful sunshine outside. It takes her out and gives her a digital camera. They both take wonderful pictures of flowers, butterflies and birds. They laugh as they look at the pictures on the LCD screen. The baby sitter wakes up, looks for the girl and finds her in the garden. She picks her digital camera (not powered by Duracell) in her bag and starts taking pictures too. But the camera runs out of batteries. She is disappointed and goes back inside to watch TV. The pink bunny comes to her and gives her Duracell batteries. She is then back in the garden with the little girl. They have a wonderful time together, taking pictures of themselves, having fun and enjoying a happy and light-hearted moment. Then unexpectedly, the Duracell bunny pops out of the screen and gives you, the viewer, some batteries, asking you to get up from the couch and go out and play!
Another entry could show a birthday party. A six year old boy is given an electronic piano. He is very happy and plays a lot with it. Unfortunately, it is not powered with Duracell and stops working after the first day. The kid is disappointed and joins his brother in front of the TV. During his sleep his mum (or the bunny?) comes and changes the dead batteries to Duracell. The boy wakes up and notices he can start playing again! We can see him playing all day long at all hours again and again till his parents go deaf… You see him 15 years later. He is fronting a successful band playing live on stage and he is still has the little piano with Duracell batteries for special musical effects.
- #1 Prize €8,000
- #2 Prize €5,000
- #3 Prize €3,000
- #4 Prize €2,000
- #5 Prize €2,000
Videos or animation, between 45 seconds and 3 minutes.
eYeka will only accept entries that find a creative way to illustrate the fact that Duracell batteries are superior and that they enable kids (and why not, the rest of the family) to be more active and play longer.
Awards will go to the best ideas and storylines. Good production value is not mandatory as long as a strong creative idea is there.
Guidelines for this contest
- Bear in mind the personality of Duracell: a hero with a sense of play. Reliable and strong, generous and playful. Duracell is not controlling or self-important and it does not make fun of people.
- Your video should bring a sense of happiness and surprise to viewers.
- Do not show any other brands than Duracell. No tablet, TV or smartphone brands and no competitor battery brands.
- You can download assets from here.
- Please do not show toy weapons. No violence either.
- Videos should have a limited number of words or no words. If words are used, please use English.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.