Refresh 7UP with an ultra new and cool packaging graphic design.
7UP, the iconic lemon-lime soda brand, is well known for breaking conventions. As a cool and upbeat brand, 7UP has always been connected with youth and woven into pop culture. However, in recent years, 7UP has lost some of its appeal with younger generations.
7UP needs your help to refresh its brand and upgrade its packaging graphic design. The new packaging design will help the drink stand out on the shelf and convince the millennial generation (young people aged 18-24) that 7UP is a cool brand and “a brand for me”.
Refresh 7UP with an ultra new and cool packaging graphic design to convince the millennial generation that it is a cool brand and “a brand for me”.
The millennial generation mentioned above are young people aged 18 to 24, who are optimistic and experience-hungry. They always stay connected (heavy social network users) and are music and soccer enthusiasts. The new packaging graphic design should appeal to them, as well as showcase the 7UP brand as a cool, upbeat, positive and authentic brand. It should also help the product stand out in the crowded shelf. You can alter the logo design but please keep the iconic green color and the red dot. Of course your design should still reflect the nature of the drink as a refreshing soda as well as the lemon-lime flavor.
Please apply your graphic design on a 2L bottle packaging of 7UP, download the template here.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them literally in your submission or it will be rejected.
You can start thinking about transforming the logo and the graphic design into something more energetic, vibrant and upbeat, or blending in some design elements that can connect to millennials' interests and passions. E.g. bring more energy and vibration into the logo design by making the font sharper and edgier, or create a ripple pattern around the red dot to reflect music, social waves, energy, etc. Try to make the logo and the graphic design cooler, more modern and contemporary.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
Presentations with pictures or illustrations and text in no more than 6 slides (PDF only)
We expect refreshingly new, original and modern graphic designs that can immediately grab the attention of the millennial generation and convey a true sense of optimism and positivity. Any designs that resemble 7UP logos or designs from other countries (view here) will be rejected. The winning submissions should allow the product to stand out and portray the brand as modern and cool, but not high end or dull.
The winning entry will be awarded and developed by a design agency and applied to all 7UP packaging.
Winners of the contest will be asked to provide Eyeka and the Client with a copy of passport / ID in order to prove their age.
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries must be in English.
- Please find the graphic design and colors of the current 7UP packaging here.
- Please explain your idea behind the graphic design (why and how the design makes the brand appeal to “the millennials”) in your creation or in the description part.
- Please do not change the shape or size of the packaging (can/bottle).
- You need to include a unique 7UP logo in your packaging graphics. For reference: you can download the current one here, but please create your own logo in your design. Please keep the green color (PMS 356) and the red dot in your new design.
- You may not use more than 6 colors in your design.
- The winners will be asked to submit their source files in Photoshop/Illustrator and in high res (300 dpi at 100% scale)
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.