Invent an epic hair and fashion TV show, to be produced by Sunsilk.
Women and girls like watching shows about fashion, hair and style. The setting of these shows is glamorous and fashionable, the participants are transformed by the magic of hairstyling and makeover, they get to learn techniques as well as beauty, fashion and hair style tricks and dream that they will soon be able to look like the girl in the show….
In 2012, Sunsilk, the expert brand that gives women access to the latest hair beauty and fashion trends, produced the first reality show of its kind in the Arab world.
The show was a hair styling competition involving 11 top-rated models and 11 top-rated hair dressers to co-create the ultimate hair style judged by a panel of 3 hair styling and fashion experts. The show was a success. It allowed girls to embrace the opportunity to learn hair-styling and beauty tips.
Sunsilk Egypt would like to make this happen again and wants you to be part of it.
Because girls are dying to see something new that can give them access to the latest trends in hair, fashion and style and because Sunsilk believes that with the “no excuse” perfect hair style, every girl will have her perfect “no excuse” life.
Wow girls in their 20s with an original, stylish and epic reality TV show concept produced by Sunsilk, about hair and fashion that will keep them glued to their screens!
The show you create has to be hair and fashion related. It can be a competition, a true story, a session about fashion tips, a quest or something about transforming people. Any original idea is acceptable as long as it has all the appealing elements of hair, fashion and style.
The show is designed for Egypt. Knowing about or having traveled to Egypt is not mandatory. The only thing you should have in mind is that your idea should fit in the culture. This implies that there should be no reference to sexuality, intimacy, religion or politics.
You need to appeal to girls in their 20s with the magic of hairstyle and makeover and mesmerize them with your exquisite design for the show. In your work, you have to explain your idea for the series, what would happen in one show as an example and create at least one visual that will show the design of the show.
Your idea has to include three ingredients: one or several real participants, an audience that interacts with the show, an organization with rounds, rules and rewards.
So, please answer these three questions in your entry:
- How will you recruit participants?
- How can the audience interact in the show?
- How is the show organized?
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
You can start by thinking about how hair and fashion can empower girls and help them do better in their lives, achieving what they want. The show would go out on the street, find one girl and make her come to a special and nice venue. There, she would get a makeover by Sunsilk hair stylists. People watching the show could send suggestions for clothing she could wear to match her hair style. There would be a reward to the viewer whose suggestion has been accepted. The girl would then have to teach another person the tips she learnt etc.
Answer the three questions, visually illustrate your concept and you’ll have a great entry.
- #1 Prize €4,000
- #2 Prize €2,000
- #3 Prize €2,000
- #4 Prize €1,000
- #5 Prize €1,000
Presentations with pictures or illustrations and text. (PDF only)
We are looking for ideas for an original, innovative and groundbreaking hair and fashion show. We will not accept entries that are simply variations of existing TV shows. The quality of the work itself is not particularly important but it will add points if you give details about how you want to design the show, how to get people to participate and how they can interact with the show, etc.
The winning entry will be rewarded and selected by Sunsilk to be developed into a real TV show to be broadcast on TV.
Guidelines for this contest
- Your entry must be in English.
- Sunsilk is an expert hair care brand. Your show needs to reflect the brand's high level of expertise and quality in terms of hairstyling.
- We want to make sure that the brand is fully integrated within the new show concept in a meaningful manner without being too commercial.
- Think of your concept as a series, not as a one-off show. There must be an incentive for people to continue watching it.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.