What should a woman do today to change her destiny?
Can you change your destiny? We all know that what we do today can have a huge impact on our future. That’s why topics like “10 things you wish you knew when you were in your 20s” are so popular on the Internet: e.g. women who start preventing osteoporosis in their 20s will be very likely to have healthier bones in their 50s, or young people who start using sunscreens from their teenage years will have less chance of developing skin cancer and fewer wrinkles or moles when they grow older; or something like travel and experience the world when you are young or you will immerse yourself in regret later, etc.
The prestigious skincare brand SK-II believes that planning early to shape your future goes beyond skin care. It can apply to every aspect of a woman’s life where she should plan and take action sooner than later to change her destiny. However, not every woman can really plan ahead and take action today for her future. Young women in their late 20s or early 30s aspire to be long-term planners but most of the time they focus on things that will make a difference to them now or in the short-term.
Create a surprising, inspirational and insightful video to help young women (in their late 20s or early 30s) realize that they need to plan now and do things early in order to change their destiny in the future for the better.
We are not looking for tragic or negative stories to scare the audience or to create fear but some inspirational and insightful life knowledge/fact/revelation that women can relate to, become inspired by and that will move them. Keep your story authentic and positive yet powerful enough to raise attention and drive action now, for the future.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
You can use newspaper articles, online content (e.g. http://www.buzzfeed.com/mikespohr/37-things-youll-regret-when-youre-old) or simply the true story of people around you as a source of inspiration. The story you are telling or the fact you are showing could be about every aspect of a woman’s life and particularly those aspects that will catch her attention: from her beauty to her career, or her relationship, marriage or family.
It could be an authentic and delightful story telling the fact that a woman needs to start saving up earlier, not for the branded bag she wants to buy on her next trip to Europe but to make herself more self-reliant and confident, having more freedom and options in life. Or it could be a more emotional video to convince a young woman that she should nurture her relationship earlier, before any problems appear, by communicating with her partner and pulling out some romantic tricks, etc., because this will help build a better relationship in the future.
- #1 Prize €8,000
- #2 Prize €5,000
- #3 Prize €3,000
- #4 Prize €2,000
- #5 Prize €1,500
Video/animation, 90 seconds maximum
We expect high-quality work with great storytelling that can inspire and drive our audience to take action. It should move the audience and make them start thinking about their choices today that would have a huge impact on their future. We want your entry to stay positive. Your entry needs to be powerful enough to make people want to share with their friends as they are thinking it is the right way to live life.
The winning entry will be rewarded and potentially featured in SK-II’s online communication.
Guidelines for this contest
- Your entry must be in English, or other languages with English subtitles.
- SK-II is a prestigious brand and the context, situation and lifestyle you depict in your work should fit the brand. Click here to find out more about SK-II existing ad campaign.
- 20 creators who sent us the synopsis of their work will be given a 500 EUR production grant after their entries have been accepted.
- Please feature the SK-II logo provided here at the end of your creation.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.