Introduce eBay Collections and encourage people to use it, in a nice visual with text.
Envision yourself as a very sociable person with a keen eye for design. You spend a lot of time on social networks, sharing your areas of interest with friends and family. You follow blogs dedicated to your passions and love inspirational sites where you collect and organize items that you see on the web (like on Pinterest). You also spend a lot of time browsing e-commerce sites like eBay and others for fashion, second-hand decorative objects or furniture or the latest hi-tech products.
You have recently found out that eBay has launched a new feature called “Collections”. This feature enables users to create collections of their favorite items on eBay and “follow” other users’ collections. You’ve become a huge fan of this feature and have already created some collections and started following users.
Too bad, many of your online friends have never heard of "Collections" or do not understand what is so cool about it… Use your creative flair to share your enthusiasm.
Can you convince your busy friends to use eBay Collections by summarizing in one creative visual and one message why they should use it?
Imagine that you will first be posting your visual and message on Facebook to grab their attention. Once they are hooked, you will then have time to explain to them what’s great about "Collections". Therefore your entry should include two pages: The first page with a key visual and a very short text, or tagline, where you tell your friends about the coolest thing about "Collections" that will convince them to use it and the second page where you can give them a more detailed description of the feature, its target audience and how it’s going to change the way they will use the web in the future.
Here is a digest about eBay’s collections:
- "Collections" allows you to create groups of your favorite items that you would potentially want to buy from the 500 million items listed on eBay. When browsing items on eBay, you'll now see a star on each flagged item which you can then add to one of your collections.
- You can follow other users or other collections, by clicking “follow”. When you follow collections, you'll see all the new items that are added to it right in your eBay feed.
- You can share collections with people outside eBay since social networks are embedded.
- There are experts or trendsetters that have already created collections, like Pharell Williams or Todd Selby. Their collections are a reliable source of inspiration.
- eBay Today is a new page on eBay that features the very best collections of items on eBay, selected by the “Chief Curator”.
In your document you need to address the following subjects:
- When would this feature be particularly useful to users?
- What type of users is it intended for?
- Why would these people love this new feature?
The feature is already available, but only in the US. Help us make it a must-have for the rest of the world!
Your entry will inspire eBay’s communication campaign for "Collections" outside the US.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
To start creating your entry, look at this page for examples of existing collections.
Then imagine how you could use the new feature. Let’s say you are a huge David Bowie fan. You could follow this collection. Or you could create your own and then browse eBay to find records, tee-shirts, mugs or any item or memorabilia related to the artist. You can also follow music amateurs who are likely to sell old copies of records or fashion designers who design Bowie clothes. You would become addicted to "Collections" because it saves you a lot of time and enables you to buy only the best items as they have been collected by others. In addition, sharing your collections with users outside eBay can be a nice way to stay in contact with people who share the same passion. Create a visual that sums up all this, like adverts do, and describe the value of this new experience and you get a good entry!
Look at adverts for other brands and how they find a creative leap to promote a product or a service and get inspired to make your own for eBay’s collections.
- #1 Prize €4,000
- #2 Prize €2,000
- #3 Prize €1,000
- #4 Prize €500
One visual with text (PDF only, 2 pages)
We will accept only entries that answer the questions in detail and that materialize in one visual and one short message the key asset of "Collections". Awards will go to documents that introduce the feature in a clear and most compelling way as well as convincing people that this is for them and useful.
Guidelines for this contest
- Your entry must include two pages: one visual (with a tagline if necessary ) and a document that details how it works, target users and why it’s very useful.
- Do not portray eBay as an auction site showing old-fashioned or unsafe items.
- Check this page to read more about "Collections".
- View existing collections here.
- Entries must be in English .
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.