Invent the next generation of Doritos!
If you are an adventurous person, who follows your instinct and likes to share good times with friends, then you must be a Doritos lover. You might be young, irreverent, fun and definitely bold! These seasoned tortilla chips are for people looking for intense sensory stimulation.
Doritos needs your help to invent the next generation of Doritos and to create a stronger connection with consumers.
Invent the next generation of Doritos! Create a new Doritos product, based on the original triangular shape to bring an entirely new experience to young people (16-24 yo) with their favorite snack.
We are looking for concepts that solve a problem (all chips taste the same, they are not fun or entertaining) or suggest an activity that will make snacking more fun and enjoyable.
You can change the shape of the chip, but it has to be inspired by a triangle. You can change the ingredients, the flavors, and invent a new name. The idea is to make young people crave Doritos because it is new, inventive and has never been seen before.
Ideally, your idea would be presented as a concept board: one or two pages with images and text, explaining the design, why you picked this shape and name, when it would be consumed and what feelings or fun it brings.
Your entry has to answer two questions:
- What unmet need is your idea addressing?
- What added-value does your idea have (i.e.: why would people want to buy it?)
Your new product will be packed into the Doritos sachet that you can download from the “guidelines”.
Look at the examples in “tips” and place your concept on the sachet.
Doritos is meant to be for social occasions and to be shared! Also, don’t forget, Doritos is the trusty companion of adventure-seekers. Doritos is “For the bold”. Therefore, your concept has to introduce something NEW, it should be something that attracts people who are adventurous, enjoy new challenges and trying new things.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Example for this contest: a product that was launched some time ago by Doritos called Doritos Dinamita, a cone shaped chip with very hot flavors. It is inspired by the triangle rolled into a cone. It looks like a triangular dynamite stick to illustrate the idea of hot flavor.
Another example: the Devil’s Roulette. 1 out of every 5 Doritos in the packet is flavored with super hot chili. You never know which one of your friends will pick it… and if it’s you, you can consider yourself lucky… or unlucky! (Depending on whether or not you like this taste). This is a new experience and this is what can be called a new way to interact with Doritos.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
Presentations with pictures or illustrations and text. (PDF only)
Awards will go to entries that suggest a breakthrough innovation with a high potential of appeal among young people, meaning that people will talk about it and really want to taste it.
Guidelines for this contest
- Your concept must be triangular. It is an inspiration, but somehow, your idea needs to be related to it.
- Download the Doritos sachet & logo here and use them to present your idea (like in the two examples provided in “tips”.)
- Make sure your entry answers both questions requested.
- Keep in mind Doritos' personality, which is: “For the bold”.
- Also don’t forget it’s a social brand and the chips are meant to be shared.
- Entries must be in English or Spanish.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.