How can an extraordinary challenge change people’s ordinary lives?
A meaningful impact is one that goes beyond yourself and impacts the people around you. Ensure that your video shows positive influence on others and not only on the individual. Start creating a video to inspire others today.
Life is short. People want to live it to the fullest. There are only 2 ways of living it: One is for those couch-potatoes who stay at home watching TV all day and secure themselves within their comfort zone, living every day in the same way. The other is for those who are willing to challenge themselves, regardless of how big the risks may be, no matter how old they are.
This challenger spirit is natural to SUZUKI, a world-known automotive manufacturer. Suzuki’s engineering spirit all started from the challenge on how to provide high quality cars and exciting driving experience to people around the world. It never ceases to surprise people with compact, light but beautifully designed vehicles with powerful and fuel-efficient engines. It wants to celebrate the challenger spirit that made the brand so far and inspire people to take a challenge to change their lives.
Show us in an appealing, exhilarating and inspiring video/animation that taking up an extraordinary challenge can change people’s ordinary lives and the world around them.
We are not looking for a clip of an extreme sport featuring a professional or dramatic sob stories. We want to see stories with ordinary people, maybe who are facing difficulties, or who want to change their lives and their society through a challenge, in a positive way. It can be a personal challenge or it can involve a group of people and become a team challenge. You should depict how this challenge can make a positive impact in these people’s lives and even onto the world around them. Let people feel the excitement, exhilarating fun and the positive energy of the challenge.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
You can use movies, dramas, TV series, or simply the true story of people around you as a source of inspiration.
E.g. a young dancer wanted to help the victims of the disastrous typhoon that recently struck. However, he had little money or resources. He was determined to make an impact and help them so he took the challenge head on and tried to figure out a plan. He got an idea – instead of asking people to donate, he wanted to organize a show to raise funds. He contacted his fellow dancers and practiced for the performance and they even did a special choreography themed on the disaster. He informed his friends and friend’s friends, etc. He didn't expect it to be huge but finally on the date of the event the theater was all packed up with people who had heard about this from all the different channels. It was a huge success. Everybody was inspired by the performance and what the man did. And he finally got the money and resources to help the people in the devastated area.
- #1 Prize €8,000
- #2 Prize €5,000
- #3 Prize €2,000
Video/animation, 30 seconds maximum
We expect high quality and highly original work with a great story. It should be impactful enough to move and inspire your audience and make them want to share with others and influence more people.
The winning entry will be rewarded and selected by SUZUKI to feature in the communication of its social media channels and potentially to be launched as TV commercials.
Guidelines for this contest
- Your entry must be in English or Bahasa Indonesian, or in another language with English subtitles.
- Your idea doesn’t necessarily have to involve driving. It is not mandatory to feature any car or motorcycle in your work.
- If you want to feature a car or a motorcycle, please only use SUZUKI cars/motorcycles.
- Your work should be positive and exciting.
- Your video must show positive impact on others. It cannot just show great influence only on the individual.
- Your video must show the impact on other people and not just on the person.
- Please feature the logo and the tagline provided here at the end of your creation for two seconds.
- Your work must:
o Follow the rules for using the logo. (follow the VI/CI regulations)
o Contain no reference to religion or cultural conflicts or controversial topics.
o Contain no negative implications or dark humor.
o Contain no direct or indirect reference to a competitor brand.
o Contain no reference to alcohol.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.