Can humans and animals creatively connect?
Don't forget to send your video for this contest !
Take this chance to create the next viral video hit with animals. Make it cute overload, hilarious, or surprising, but don’t forget to show us how talented and creative animals can be!
Surprise, we have a great source of inspiration to share with you here!
Creativity is a language that connects us all. We like to engage in creative activities and we all marvel when we see something creative. It is a defining universal human trait. We can therefore ask ourselves whether humans are the only ones capable of being so creative? What about animals? Could creativity help us better understand and bond with our pets?
A large advertising agency wants to show that creativity is a universal language, including among animals or between humans and animals through a video that will become the next Youtube viral hit.
Create a video/animation that shows humans and animals connecting through a creative activity, leading to a surprising, original or hilarious outcome.
Your story can be real or fictional. You can stage it.
We are looking for an entry that will become the most talked about video in 2014. If you want your video to be shared because it is cute, it has to be "cute overload". If you want it to be talked about because it is funny, you need to be laughing out loud just thinking about it. If you want it to buzz because it is surprising and original, tell your story to friends and see whether they talk about it to other friends. If they don’t then your video idea does not have sufficient viral potential.
These examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them literally in your submission, or it will be rejected.
If you do not have a pet you could film your video from an animal’s point-of-view.
Daryl is an amateur DJ. He is rushing to compose a track on his laptop for a gig in his local club. His cat is roaming around, meowing and trying to get his attention by patting the computer. Daryl gets up to get some cat food. The cat excitedly jumps on the keyboard before dashing to the kitchen to follow his master. Unaware of the cat’s “contribution”, Daryl saves the file. Cut to Daryl playing in a club, his track comes on. It sounds completely jumbled and the chorus is a cat meowing... Everyone looks shocked. Fast-forward a few days. Daryl’s music is still playing in the background and you can see posters advertising his future gigs, fully booked for the next few months in the best clubs. They have a picture of his cat as the lead DJ and Daryl as a supporting act!
- #1 Prize €5,000
- #2 Prize €3,000
- #3 Prize €2,000
Videos/animations can last up to 45 seconds.
We expect highly creative videos that trigger a strong emotional response, be it hilarity, surprise, or delight.
The winning entry will be showcased on social media, including Youtube, to become a viral hit so high-quality creative execution is important.
Guidelines for this contest
- Do not harm, distress or endanger animals in your video, as it will be rejected.
- We will accept entries in english or any other language as long as you include subtitles in english.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.