Can you sensualize Doncafé and create a new, irresistible label design for its sachets and boxes?
The box template
Dear creators, to help you understand how the box template looks like check out this short demo.
From the delicious and delightful smell and aroma to a wide variety of irresistible flavors, Doncafé instant coffee mix is all about pure sensuality. Doncafé’s coffee comes in small ready-mixed sachets. They are a favorite among educated, sophisticated working women who like practicality (only requires water to be added). They offer a variety of great delicious flavors such as classic coffee+ cream (2in1 or 3in1, with sugar) or indulgences like flavored coffee (rum choco, toffee caramel, tiramisu or even pinacolada for ice-coffee versions.) But the size makes it difficult for these sachets to stand out in the crowded supermarket shelves among all the other coffee brands… We cannot change their size or their shape but we can revamp the packaging design of the box and sachet. This is where we need your help.
Can you sensualize Doncafé and create a new, irresistible label design for its sachets and boxes ?
The packaging for these products is as follows: the individual sachets are grouped into an open box that sits on the supermarket shelf.
You need to design 2 graphic designs for each variant listed below, using the template provided in the toolkit.
The 4 products you need to redesign are:
- “2in1 Classic”: Coffee and Cream.
- “3in1 Classic”: Coffee, Cream and Sugar.
- “3in1 Flavored Rum Choco”: Rum Choco flavored coffee & cream and sugar.
- “4in1 Functional Guarana”: Guarana & coffee & cream & sugar.
Many other flavors are available (e.g. toffee caramel, tiramisu or pinacolada) but you don't need to redesign these. You should think of how your concept could be applied to the entire family of products and the different flavors within each family.
A packaging design agency will use the winning idea and apply it to all the flavors in each family to produce the final packaging.
Your design needs to reflect the Doncafé brand's personality , which is genuine, caring and optimistic.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
For example you could start by looking at the Doncafé website to find out how they talk about their coffee. You could also go to a supermarket to look at the coffee aisle. Check out the brands and what messages they are trying to convey through their packaging. You could also put yourself in the shoes of a typical consumer who buys Doncafé coffee. A woman, usually aged over 25 years, who is ambitious, sophisticated, educated, probably working. Think about her daily life and what a relaxing, indulging break with a nice coffee could bring to her, physically, mentally and emotionally.
- #1 Prize €4,000
- #2 Prize €2,000
- #3 Prize €2,000
- #4 Prize €1,000
- #5 Prize €1,000
Presentations with pictures or illustrations and text. (PDF only)
We accept entries that clearly bring out the indulgent, irresistible smell and taste of Doncafé’s high quality mixes to life in a sensual manner. The award will go to the best packaging design that stands out on the shelves and conveys a promise of a unique break of sensuality.
The winning entry will inspire a packaging design agency and will be turned into actual packaging for the brand, ready to deploy in stores.
Guidelines for this contest
- Use the templates for the box and sachets available here (for actual sizes)
- You should not change the size or shape of the sachet or the box.
- To help you understand how the box template looks like check out this short demo.
- Include the Doncafé Logo available here in your designs. Don't change it.
- To see what this looks like in a supermarket, take a look at the picture in the toolkit.
- The 2x1, 3x1 or 4x1 notation on sub-line must be the second most visible element (after the DonCafé logo). You can change the typography, color or visualization or this notation.
- Guarana 4in1 must be kept in the color green (the color of Guarana)
- For the box front, please include: the Doncafé logo, type of mix, ingredient tags, flavor description. Sachet visual to be placed on the box for easier identification (not necessarily on the front).
- You entry must be in English
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.