Wow us with a convincing and inventive demo video that shows Dirt is Good's superiority*.
Please remember that we are not looking for videos showing how getting dirty is good.
Indeed what you really need to create is a new kind of demo video presenting the detergent’s efficiency. Put yourself in customers’ shoes and imagine which kind of demonstration would convince you to buy this detergent rather than the other one?
Surprise, we have a great source of inspiration to share with you: Click HERE!
Contest extended to March 6
Good News! This contest has been extended till March 6th . This challenge is simple, just create a video of demonstration showing the detergent’s product efficiency: be unconventional and original! Good luck!
Have you noticed that the way fabric cleaning detergent companies advertize their products is a bit conventional and similar across brands? TV commercials always have the same structure: problem, solution and victory. Always the same split screen with two types of products and the same way to show that brand X works better than brand Z. They always use a lot of scientific arguments and technological statements… But don’t you think that there is a better and simpler way to show people the qualities of a product?
Dirt is Good removes tough stains from clothes, inviting parents to let their children get dirty by liberating them from the concerns and tough task of cleaning clothes.
How could this be creatively demonstrated to the public? As a creative talent, we believe you can help us to find unconventional ways to demonstrate Dirt is Good’s superiority*, while avoiding the clichés of traditional detergent ads.
Rather than focusing on the brand, the assignment is really about revolutionizing TV commercial demos for fabric cleaning detergents.
Give demo videos a new lease on life. Find a new authentic or real-life creative situation to bring to life Dirt is Good’s superiority through a convincing and surprising video or animation.
To wow us and convince your audience that Dirt is Good is the best fabric detergent in removing tough stains, you can use metaphors, parallels comparisons with real-life situations, symbolic evocations, humorous testimonials, personal experiences or anything that is unexpected.
Your video should demonstrate the superiority* of this fabric cleaning detergent in a way that nobody can doubt because it brings to life an indisputable, logical or well-known argument. (look at the TIPS section for thought starters)
We are looking for new creative ideas and original storylines. Quality of the video is not key to this contest. Your submissions will help a major advertising agency to find a new way to communicate around Dirt is Good 's philosophy.
Your video should be authentic and reflect real life, surprising and convincing... but don't make it too dramatic or too emotional (we don't need people to cry when watching it).
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
For example, imagine a brand of water that wants to show the effects of water on the body. The idea to communicate is the fact that water can eliminate the toxins in your body. In the video they use a parallel with a glass of water that is filled with toxins, represented by oil. The video shows that by adding water to the glass, the toxins go away, as they flow over the brim. This is a nice illustration that is neither scientific nor technical but it shows the power of water in a real life analogy.
- #1 Prize €5,000
- #2 Prize €3,000
- #3 Prize €2,000
Videos or animations, no longer than 45 secs.
We will only accept creative entries that reinvent demo videos. Awards will go to videos that show the best sense of authenticity and the cleverest creative idea. Quality of the video is not paramount for this contest.
*The mentions on DiG's superiority are hypothetical for the purpose of the creative contest only
Guidelines for this contest
- People don’t believe traditional, scientific and technical demos anymore. Creative ideas will have better chances of winning!
- Ideas that make direct reference and/or comparison with competitors will be rejected.
- Assets can be downloaded from here
- Entries should be in English or any language subtitled in english
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.