Tell Eurostar a funny little story of the unexpected.
Stories by Eurostar for your inspiration
Check these travel stories by Eurostar, which will help you understand the brand’s personality and tone as well as find inspiration for your own stories!
There is a lot more to traveling than visiting monuments and following the guidebook.
It’s about straying off the beaten track and opening yourself up to the unexpected. Exploring the unique and quirky goings-on in European cities can be a much greater thrill and a good opportunity to live adventures that you can’t wait to share with your friends.
Check out Eurostar's “Stories are waiting” campaign. These videos explore the real side of traveling that comes from discovering odd and wonderful things in any one their cities.
What about you? What is your story?
Do you want to inspire travelers to hop on the Eurostar and visit one of these places? (Paris, Brussels, London, Amsterdam, Cologne, Antwerp, Lille, Lyon, Strasbourg, Bruges and the South of France).
Create a witty and fun video or animation that tells a story of the unexpected things you’ve discovered in one of Eurostar’s destinations (Paris, Brussels, London, Amsterdam, Cologne, Antwerp, Lille, Lyon, Strasbourg, Bruges and the South of France.)
This could be a story you’ve experienced yourself or overheard. Either way we need you to capture that and squeeze it into a 1 minute film, that could be broadcasted on Eurostar channels.
Your video should be highly shareable as it will be circulated among internet users. Rather than building on clichés and showing the traditional touristic attractions, it should tell a personal and unexpected story, in a witty tone. Eurostar is interested in you demonstrating how you felt when you discovered that person/place and the things that you found interesting and exciting. Don’t lecture people about places. Historical unknown facts are not what we are looking for.
We want people to “feel” the excitement of the experience!
Your entries should be in the spirit of Eurostar, which is witty, audacious, fun, hip and modern.
Entries must feature one of Eurostar’s destinations: (Paris, Brussels, London, Amsterdam, Cologne, Antwerp, Lille, Lyon, Strasbourg, Bruges and the South of France.)
Please watch Eurostar’s latest TV ads in the summary page for inspiration.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
A good video about Paris could tell the story of a night in the catacombs. There is this very special atmosphere, it is extraordinarily silent, visitors have to wear a head lamp and the atmosphere becomes mysterious. There are sculptures and street art that have been there for a long time and watching people's reactions when they see them is priceless..
A good entry about Amsterdam would be a story of you and a friend trying raw herring, a local delicacy. There are stalls all over town and it’s an easy meal to eat on the way as you wander the streets. By the end of the day you’ve become a true herring expert.
- #1 Prize €8,000
- #2 Prize €4,000
- #3 Prize €4,000
- #4 Prize €2,000
- #5 Prize €2,000
Videos or animations. Indicative length is 60 sec but it can be longer if needed.
The story is more important than the quality of the video itself. The award will go to entries that best show unexpected things about a place where Eurostar can take travelers, while keeping the witty personality of Eurostar.
Guidelines for this contest
- The type of humor should not be entirely local and culturally referenced. Anyone should be able to understand your story but we welcome clever jokes about the people or places in your entry.
- By “witty” we mean clever, with a fun spirit, but content should never be explicit or offensive. Eurostar loves to put a smile on people's faces. They often share jokes with travelers as if they were friends at a bar.
- Choose one of these places to create your video: Paris, Brussels, London, Amsterdam, Cologne, Antwerp, Lille, Lyon, Strasbourg, Bruges and the South of France.
- Watch the videos from the campaign ”Stories are Waiting” as a guideline for the tone of the film but free to use your own style.
- Videos should be in English or French.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.