Show us how a little help can create a dramatic and happy outcome!
We all want to be happy. “Happiness” is our shared goal and "Holy Grail". But life is not always easy and sometimes comes with its fair share of obstacles and setbacks. Despite these, how can we stay positive and move on? Sometimes, all we need is a little help from others, even from people we don't know, to lead to an unexpectedly happy outcome.
This help could be as simple as a warm hug, a touch of hope or even a few kind, wise and inspiring words. You will be surprised how it can dramatically affect our mood and mind, the way we perceive the situation, our relationship with others and eventually flip the entire situation towards an unexpectedly happy ending.
This is the belief of MetLife Alico Japan, an insurance company dedicated to providing “suitable financial support” to help people become more self-reliant and get more enjoyment out of life. The company is now relying on you to bring this concept to life.
Through an engrossing video, tell us a positive, inspirational yet realistic story about how a little help from others can unexpectedly lead to a dramatic and happy outcome.
Think about the hardships and problems you have experienced and how the help from others has helped you overcome them and brought you “happiness”. Your story should be realistic so that everyone can empathize with it, while it should be appealing and inspiring enough to capture those special moments in ordinary life. Your work should put a smile on the face of your audience and bring energy and optimism.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
You can use movies, dramas, TV series, or simply the true story of people around you as a source of inspiration.
E.g. your story can have a simple start and a dramatic ending: the comments a teacher writes on a controversial essay help an under-performing student shine and encourage him to continue writing and he finally becomes a professional writer. Or something heart-warming like: a former martial arts fighter now runs his own studio and teaches young students. He is also father of a 5 year-old daughter. He used to feel quite helpless and depressed when he found out his daughter was born with a disease. But one day he saw a picture of his daughter taken by one of his students when he brought her to the studio: she is smiling like an angel , making everyone forget about her disease, and all the students become inspired by her smile. This really cheered the teacher up. After that, he started taking pictures of his daughter to record the precious happy moments they have together. His daughter’s smile in every picture is the only reason that makes him both a happy father and a dedicated teacher today.
- #1 Prize €11,000
- #2 Prize €6,000
- #3 Prize €3,000
Video/animation, 90 seconds maximum
We expect highly original work with a great story. It should be impactful enough to move and inspire your audience and make them want to share with others and influence more people.
The winning entry will potentially be featured in MetLife Alico Japan’s communication in digital and social media channels.
Guidelines for this contest
- You need to feature the logo of MetLife Alico (download it HERE) at the end of your video and please follow the instructions HERE.
- Your entry must be in English or Japanese, or in another language with English or Japanese subtitles.
- Your story should not be about creating problems or finding a solution.
- Your story should not be about a person overcoming problems by him/herself.
- Your entry must not include any PEANUTS characters (Snoopy, Charlie Brown etc) even though they've been Metlife Alico's spoke characters. Metlife Alico is more interested in real life inspired stories.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.