Bring a new beauty product to life in a busy, yet premium environment.
Picture yourself walking through the beauty section of a large department or drug store. You are looking for the latest face moisturizer. As you stroll around the brands’ corners, you feel a bit overwhelmed by the number of products. There are so many types of brands and products. The area is filled with many different claims, colors, stands, lights, screens and music. No product in particular really stands out. The beauty advisors are approaching you and you smell some nice fragrances over there… this is too much stimulus! You just wanted a new face moisturizer and now you feel a bit lost.
In an ideal world, people looking for the latest beauty product would be able to notice it as soon as they step into the store. Can you help do that?
Create an original in-store display that will attract shoppers to a new high-end skin care product and appeal to their senses.
A famous beauty brand that wishes to remain confidential, wants to have inspiration for an in-store on in-store display that will quickly and clearly convey the message of “new product” to shoppers who are shopping in cluttered high-end areas of beauty shops, department stores, duty free shops or pharmacies. This is for a brand that offers high-performance and premium skin care products.
Your idea can include signage, banners, floor markings, stands, 3D objects, screens, samplings, anything that you think will convey the ideas of “NEW” and “PREMIUM”.
Finally, your display should make the shopper want to choose this product and not another one.
Your display can appeal to both men and women but should clearly target one of the two in particular. This means your display should be either masculine or feminine, not neutral.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use these in your submission or it will be rejected.
Start by thinking how you can use the senses while shopping for a beauty product. Imagine this brand is launching a new skin care product that dramatically reduces wrinkles and improves skin tone. When entering the beauty area in the duty free shop, you would see a beautiful theatre curtain with the letters “NEW” printed in white on it. As you come closer to the curtain, you touch it slightly and it opens to reveal a small and beautiful stage with an elegant jar of cream in the spotlight. You are then encouraged to try on this new product.
- #1 Prize €4,000
- #2 Prize €2,000
- #3 Prize €2,000
- #4 Prize €1,000
- #5 Prize €1,000
Presentations with pictures or illustrations and text. (PDF only)
We will only accept entries that have a premium design and those that clearly convey the idea of “NEW”. The jury will focus on originality because a lot has been done in this area before. The winners will be those that best capture the essence of a new product while standing out in a high-end area.
Guidelines for this contest
- This contest is for a brand that we cannot disclose, so we will call it "Beauty". To create your display, please use the logo in the toolkit. Do not create a logo or a new brand name, this is not the purpose of the contest.
- Your display is for beauty products such as skin care products: facial cleanser, facial moisturizer, anti-aging cream, eye treatment
- You can create a display that will appeal to men or women. Your entry should be in English.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.