Wow us with a video that shows the wonders of Movistar’s Fiber Optics at home!
Remember when the Internet first started out? We had dialup connections and super slow access to the web. When you received an email with a picture it took ages to display… And what about TV! Back in 2000 we had, what, 10 channels? We were not able to interact at all with the programs.
It’s amazing to see how many innovations have been brought to us in less than 10 years.
The next big thing is Fiber Optics (named after the technology that sends pulses of light through an optical fiber). The technology is super-fast and brings a totally new and entertaining experience for Internet and TV.
Movistar is a provider of this technology based in Chile. It brings fiber optics into Chilean homes and gives access to broadband connection up to 150 MBS, IPTV (Internet Protocol Television, a system that allows you to interact with the programs on your TV), and more than 30 HD channels.
Beyond the actual functionalities that this allows, (you can interact with social media during your favorite TV show, you can record 4 channels at the same time), what it does for people’s lives is quite amazing: you feel much more in control, always up-to-date and finally never disconnected from what matters.
Movistar would like your help to capture the wonders of fiber optics.
If you had just invented Fiber Optics and would like to introduce it to everyone, how would you present this new technology to people you want to convince? How can you creatively bring to life the wonders of Fiber Optics?
Create a surprising and original video that shows the wonders of Fiber Optics and its impact on people’s lives.
Unlike what we usually ask you, here, we would like you to create an ad. Find a creative idea to bring to life how Fiber Optics can transform someone’s life. These videos will be used to inspire a major advertizing agency to create the TVC for Movistar.
Your video should introduce the advantages of Movistar’s Fiber Optics at home and tell a story of how it can transform someone's life in one compelling, very creative and surprising story.
Finally, your video should be an incentive for people to switch to Fiber Optics for their home.
You can use one of these taglines: “Home fully connected”, “Fiber Optics, a revolution for those who want more”, or invent another one.
Please add the Movistar logo. (download from the Guidelines)
Your entries will be used as inspiration for Movistar to develop its next campaign in Chile.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use these in your submission or it will be rejected.
A good video for this contest could show a man watching Pulp Fiction on TV. The movie is played in such a high definition that you feel you are actually part of it. The man watching the movie is wearing a black suit like John Travolta and during the famous dance scene with Uma Thurman, the guy starts dancing too, making the horizontal hand movements across his face. He feels that he is part of the scene and actually dances with the characters. The end frame says: “With Fiber Optics and its amazing HD channels, Chris is in the movie.”
- #1 Prize €5,000
- #2 Prize €3,000
- #3 Prize €2,000
Videos and animations, no longer than 30 sec.
We will only accept entries that are original and surprising. The jury will award entries that best capture the two following dimensions: the practical advantages and the positive emotions & feelings Fiber Optics creates for people.
Guidelines for this contest
- Do not focus too much on the technical aspects of Fiber Optics. Avoid showing cables and IT equipment.
- Movistar’s brand color is blue. Do not use red or orange. Other colors are fine but blue should prevail.
- You can download logos here.
- You do not need to be familiar with Chile to upload an entry. Fiber Optics is now available in most countries and the advantages it has remain the same everywhere.
- Please do not depreciate ADSL. No comparison with other providers either.
- No go areas are illegal downloads and illegal activities, war, sex, violence, drugs, alcohol.
- Entries must be in English or Spanish or English with subtitles.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.