Engage people in celebrating the world of baking, on the Internet!
Baking is an ongoing trend everywhere in the world. Many home cooks become bakers, Baking is an ongoing trend everywhere in the world. Many home cooks become bakers, experimenting with flours and cake mixes. They get personal satisfaction from their creations and become more and more confidence on their skills. Recipes are no longer secrets, but the personal touch, twist and the passion they put on their creations are the real things worth sharing and talking about. Beyond these, baking has also created a platform for emotional connections – bakers will feel the smile, delight, and gratitude when giving their works to others.
White wings, an iconic Australian brand providing high quality baking ingredients for bakers, wants to celebrate baking by creating a bigger stage for bakers to express their passion as well as engaging more people into the magic world of baking, on the Internet.
What interactive, enjoyable and contagious experience could you create online (on social media or as an app/website…) to make more and more people fall in love with baking and get connected through baking?
Your idea should be able to engage more people to start baking as well as facilitate a better experience of expressing, sharing and reviewing among bakers and their friends. The design of your idea has to be engrossing and interesting enough that people would want to try and keep active on using it. And it should celebrate baking and leverage on the amazing factors about baking (the fun, the experiment, the creation, the praise and gratitude from others). There are already many tools available online to provide recipes hence creating a recipe database is not the kind of ideas we are looking for.
We are giving you examples to help you understand what we expect. Please do not copy these in your submission as it will be rejected.
You can start thinking about the motivations of people who want to bake, e.g. the magical process of seeing a cake rise, the creation, the deliciousness or the recognition from others; etc. And you can make the digital experience fulfill people’s emotional needs in every step of baking, from planning what to bake to getting ingredients, cooking, tasting, sharing, or sending the works as gifts…
E.G. you could create a baking club/community that every baker wants to be in and every outsider wants to be part of it as well. It is a platform where every baker gets to create and share his or her signature recipe. It can start from a simple and the most basic recipe of a cake/a pastry and bakers can put their own touch on it and share their creation and their tips, while other viewers can give their reviews and rankings on the creation and of course learn the recipe and tips. The viewers can put an even better twist on the recipe; hence it creates a ripple effect that more and more audience involves in the “recipe” improvement and creation sharing. Every end of the month, both the baker receiving the best reviews and the viewer giving the most constructive reviews will win free sets of White wings products. Additionally, in this community you can facilitate a platform for member to connect with each other and exchange the baked goods as gifts; hence the members will enjoy the delicious results as well as the praise and gratitude from others. Or you could think of a Pinterest-like service only for bakers where people take pictures of their creations.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
Presentations with pictures or illustrations and text.
We are expecting original and engaging ideas that can create an impact on Internet and spread the good words about baking. If you are creating an app or a website, please make sure the experience interesting and unique enough to differentiate from the baking related apps/websites already available online. It should have the same level of impact and engagement like the famous game “angry birds” or the popular platform “pinterest” in baking related topic.
The winning entry will be developed into real digital tool by White wings to celebrate baking.
Guidelines for this contest
- You have to feature the logo of Whites Wings if you are designing an app/website…, please download it from here.
- You should bring your idea to life through visuals and designs.
- Please give explanations about your creation using the media description.
- Your entry must be in English.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.