Design a future smartphone that changes our lives again, in 2020
When the 1st smartphone was invented, it completely changed our lives. Smartphones brought people closer like never before, and enabled the users to have a better control of their lives through very simple and intuitive actions. People had developed a new pattern of living based on their usage of smartphones. And new jobs and new occupations were born with the birth of smartphones. Smartphones have also changed the world.
As time went by, we have seen so many revolutions and evolutions in the category that kept bringing us surprises and excitement. Nowadays people’s lives have been seamlessly connected with smartphones, and many of us cannot live without them. Instead of waiting for the big brands or telecom tycoons to decide what the next invention will be, why don't you show us your vision for the future of smartphones?
Use your creative flair and show us your vision of a future smartphone in 2020 through a refreshingly creative, forward-looking and groundbreaking product idea (with high-quality illustration) that brings revolutionary changes in our lives, like the 1st smartphone did.
Your idea of the future smartphone should be a forward-looking and progressive idea that people will use in 2020. It should be revolutionary and groundbreaking enough to change people’s lives in 2020. It could completely go beyond communication and change other aspects of our lives. Think about how the 1st smartphone has changed our lives, we are expecting the same kind of idea and the same kind of impact.
We are giving you examples to help you understand what we expect. Please do not copy these in your submission as it will be rejected.
You can start thinking about what will your life be like in 2020 and how could a smartphone change it. Or start considering the ups and downs in your experience with your smartphone and how you can make the experience more ideal and better by leveraging on some future technology. Or firstly identify who are the target users of your new smartphone and think about how it can change their lives.
E.G. The future smart phone is a tiny electronic chip that can be inserted in and plugged out from all different electronic devices to download and upload information. In this chip, it has integrated all the useful information and tools you needed and it has a surface that is made of special biological ingredients hence can be easily stuck on your skin under your ear as it is like a part of your body. You can pick up calls or initiate one simply by pressing on it and the chip can utilize any available screen to demonstrate the information and show you whatever you want.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
Presentations with pictures or illustrations and text (PDF format).
We are expecting highly creative and disruptive ideas with engaging and clear illustrations. Show us how you can change people’s perspective about smartphone and create an impact with a completely new concept.
The winning entry will be published on newspaper and released on different media and you’ll get the recognition from the publics.
Guidelines for this contest
- Your idea should be brought to life through high-quality visual as well as clear description of the idea.
- Please give explanations about your visual concept using the media description.
- Your entry must be in English.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.