What would cleaning your home be like in 2020?
Have you ever imagined how much the world will have changed by 2020 and therefore what your home would look like? To spark thought, here are some changes that could impact our world:
1. People, especially women, will be even busier. They will have less time and less willingness to spend effort on cleaning the house
2. There may be newer or greater health and hygiene concerns (infections/ allergies/diseases/pests) to deal with.
3. Our homes may become more modern, with many new kinds of surfaces to clean
4. We will be increasingly concerned about the environment – saving water, concerned about chemicals and packaging
5. Technology is developing fast with new smarter devices/appliances that reduce physical labor.
How could this apply to cleaning? How would people’s perspective and needs about household cleaning change and evolve? And what products or solutions would satisfy them?
Show us the future evolution of household cleaning through an innovative and groundbreaking idea (for a product/service/device…) that will satisfy people’s new requirements on keeping their homes clean in 2020
Your idea could be an evolution based on current cleaning habits and products (bleach, surface cleaner;, etc), it could be a complete revolution in the way we clean our homes. However, it is important that the idea is rooted in reality, technology that you use in your creation must be realistic enough to be scalable in production and accessible to the masses.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use these in your submission or it will be rejected.
You should start this brief by investigating the possibilities of how our lives and our environment may evolve in the future. Think about how world resources will impact production, how environmental and social concerns may shape people's perceptions of the products they use. Put yourself in other people's shoes, people with different family concerns and needs, professionals, parents, children; people living in a city or the countryside. How can your product/device/service continue to satisfy household cleaning needs in a world where the changing people, environment, society and technology continue to shape our future?
E.G. you can create a household cleaning clinic to provide customized hygiene and cleaning diagnosis and prescription for people’s homes. A cleaning expert could come to your home once a week to have a check-up on the cleaning and hygiene status and also examine the potential threat from pest, pollution;, etc. He could give you a diagnosis and a prescription for products for different surfaces;, etc. You could also imagine an in-house vending machine than can dispense customized detergent/cleanser according to your home’s hygiene needs of different surfaces that need to be cleaned.
- #1 Prize €5,000
- #2 Prize €4,000
- #3 Prize €3,000
- #4 Prize €2,000
- #5 Prize €1,000
Presentations with pictures or illustrations and text (in PDF).
Be creative and disruptive but remember to be realistic. We are not interested in an idea that purely relies on technology or is designed in a world of science fiction, instead the idea should be scalable, rooted in reality and available to the masses.
The winning entry could be adopted by one of the world's leading manufacturers in household cleaning, your product/device/service could be a reality in your future!
Guidelines for this contest
- Your idea should be brought to life through visual as well as a clear description of the idea.
- Please give details about your visual concept using the media description.
- Entries must be in English.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.