Show us what happens when a phone addict tries to do everything, even the impossible from his phone!
Smartphones have completely taken over our lives. We all have a friend or colleague who is completely addicted to his or her phone and tries to use it for everything, even things that aren’t really possible. Sometimes this results in hilarious and dramatic consequences…
Today, we all use our phones for many things: taking photos, shopping, reading, dating… But sometimes, when you try to do too much, things can go wrong. This could mean receiving the wrong pair shoes, messing up your dating schedule or accidentally video calling your Mum at the wrong moment, but there could also be even more disastrous, dramatic or hilarious consequences!
In an engaging and very humorous video show us the disastrous, dramatic or hilarious consequences that happen when a phone addict tries doing everything (even the impossible) from his or her mobile phone.
In your creation, you need to dramatize a scenario in which the protagonist tries to do too much (even the impossible) with his or her phone and make the consequences truly engaging. Your creation should be fun and interesting so that people want to share it with their friends or colleagues.
We are giving you an example to help you understand what we expect. Please do not copy this in your media as it will be rejected.
Think about your everyday life and the phone addicts that you know who always do too much with their phones…
Example of an entry: Bill is a young smartphone addict. He is at the office, organizing a bachelor party for his best friend using his phone. You can see him juggling between applications and phone calls: ordering a surprise “giant cake” with a girl hidden inside and a “Surprise Big Boy!” banner whilst also scheduling a presentation given by the accountancy department. On the big night, his friends who were eager to paint the town red are seen instead listening to a boring presentation of the latest financial results… And his boss who is meeting a very conservative client is surprised to receive a big cake from his junior member of staff, Bill!
- #1 Prize 2 round-trip KLM Business-class tickets to any European destinations + 5,000 euros (€10,000)
- #2 Prize 2 round-trip KLM Economy-class tickets to any European destinations + 3,000 euros (€5,000)
- #3 Prize 1 round-trip KLM Economy-class ticket to any European destinations + 2000 euros (€3,000)
Video or animation of 30 to 60 seconds.
We are looking for original, fun and interesting entries that engage and surprise us with a dramatic and hilarious twist. Be funny and go crazy! Make your story unexpected, with viral potential.
The winning entries will be promoted by KLM to entertain and engage its audience.
Guidelines for this contest
- Your entry must be in English, or Chinese or Japanese with English subtitles.
- You should end your creation with the KLM end frame provided here.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.