Create the new product idea that makes life easier and more enjoyable for indoor pets and their masters!
New Editorial News
For this contest you are free to create not only a food recipe but also a product, which will facilitate the feeding process, food preparation and storage; making the feeding experience easy and joyful for indoor pets and their owners. Thank you!
Cats and dogs are wonderful companions: they motivate us to exercise and be active, they love us unconditionally and simply provide us with a lot of joy. Yet having a pet is also a huge time commitment and responsibility.
We often hear that it is easier to own a cat or a dog if you have lots of outside space. In fact, many city-dwellers own a pet even when they live in small apartments.
Purina is the world’s most trusted company when it comes to enriching the lives of pets and the people who love them. Yet feeding and caring for a pet is not totally hassle-free, even for true animal lovers.
Purina wants to help indoor (pets that spend most of their lives inside) dog and cat owners by making their daily home life together easier and more enjoyable.
Create a new food, snack or drink product idea that will solve the little problems that owners of indoor pets (dogs or cats) experience.
Bring your product idea to life in a detailed presentation that addresses a specific need that you have already identified.
Your idea should be for indoor dogs or cats who share their home with their owners.
These product ideas will help Purina to enrich the lives of indoor pets and the people who love them.
TIPS: We are giving you examples to help you understand what we expect. Please do not copy these in your submission as it will be rejected.
Feeding a cat or a dog is a way for people to show their love. Beyond that love, food also has a tangible benefit that can be a tasteful experience or fulfill a nutritional need for example. When you think about these different roles, make sure you also cover some other ideas that could solve the problems/frustrations that having an indoor pet sometimes creates.
Some of the following themes could help you: How can food make life exciting for an indoor pet? How can we use food/snacks/drinks to help manage the specific health concerns of small dogs? How can the storage and/or preparation of the pet food be made better for the pet owner? How can one save money when looking after a pet?
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
Presentations with pictures or illustrations and text (in PDF Only)
We will only accept entries that propose a new and original product idea, illustrated and detailed: what your product idea is, what problem it corrects and why people would want to buy it. We will award participants who have found the best idea to answer a true problem indoor pet owners have.
Guidelines for this contest
- Your product idea is only for an indoor dog or an indoor cat (lives mostly indoors.)
- Your idea should be for a food, snack or drink product.
- Your idea is made for the home environment
- In your entry you have to tell us 3 things: what your product idea is, what problem it corrects and why people would want to buy it. Also, visually displaying the product will help you win favor with the jury.
- Do not copy something that already exists. Purina knows what is out there, there is no chance you will be selected as a winner if you do so. Of course you are not aware of everything that can be found all over the globe, but please be personal and original.
- If you want to use a Purina logo (not mandatory) it can be found here.
- Your entry must be in English
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.