Can you invent a tasty and nutritious snack that appeals to kids AND their parents?
There is an unresolved dilemma between parents and kids when it comes to snacking: parents want their children to eat well, while kids often prefer a chocolate bar or lollies to a piece of fruit. This is not surprising, since the nutritious snacks currently available in the market are often boring. Now it is your chance to solve this dilemma.
We expect you to solve this by creating something groundbreaking. Kids aged 5-12 are playful and active: they often focus on simply having fun and doing what they want, and they are easily attracted to new flavors, interesting packaging and unique products. They are, however, in the critical stage of growth and development, therefore nutrition is their parents’ top consideration when it comes to snacking. Parents also look for a convenient choice that they know their kids will enjoy as they and their kids are often busy and on the go.
Invent a new groundbreaking nutritious snack that is tasty and fun for kids, as well as healthy and convenient enough for parents to buy for their children or even themselves.
Your creation has to be groundbreaking and absolutely new to the market. It has to satisfy the needs of both the kids and the parents. We want to see the whole package – the snack, the packaging, the name etc. It will be sold in supermarkets or convenience stores so it must be easily packaged and stored.
We are giving you an example to help you understand what we expect. Please do not copy this in your media as it will be rejected.
You should think about how to make the best of both worlds. What ingredients could make a snack healthy yet tasty? How could you design it to make it fun? How could you package it to make it convenient to eat?
Example of an entry: a lollipop-shaped muesli bar. The snack has a solid frozen yogurt coating that comes in different colors; it is sold like an ice cream in the frozen department of convenient stores or supermarkets. Inside it contains several layers of muesli, dried fruits and chocolate chips - it is crunchy and very tasty. The kids can collect the lollipop stick after they finish it as it has an interesting quiz or picture printed on it.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
Pictures, illustrations, sketches with explanations.
We are looking for original, groundbreaking ideas and comprehensive illustrations.
The winning entries will potentially be tested and developed into real products by one of the world-leading manufacturers of foods and drinks.
Guidelines for this contest
- Your entry must be in English.
- Your entry should include
- Visuals to depict the product and packaging (plus the name).
- A clear and succinct description of the product concept/idea (you can include your inspiration if you like).
- Explanation of how you expect users to consume the product and why you think it answers the brief.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.