Revolutionize how we spend time in a car with connected technology!
Connected technologies (wifi, GPS, really any kind of data transmission) have dramatically changed how we spend our time in a car. Drivers can now get weather updates, GPS navigation, help on locating the nearest petrol stations with fuel prices, music and video…
Toyota wants to know what comes next.
Imagine a totally new service or product delivered via connected technologies that will improve your life with your car, making driving safer, easier, more social, more efficient, more convenient or more pleasurable.
Toyota is looking for very original ideas, something that is feasible but is not yet found in cars. It must be something that will improve the experience for drivers or passengers, before, during or after driving. Don't just improve something that already exists; go for really original ideas that will make Toyota say, “Wow, we’d never thought of that. Of course! It makes a lot of sense to offer that!”
Describe to us the needs of the car driver and occupants and how your idea will benefit them.
Toyota will use the winning ideas to develop products and services for its next generation car models.
We are giving you examples to help you understand what we expect. Please do not copy these in your submission, as it will be rejected.
What if Toyota could provide a contactless payment system for road tolls or drive-ins, managed online from the Toyota website or using an app. This could be embedded in the car, like a RFID chip. For example, I could pre-pay $200 on my Toyota account and the amount would be debited every time I need to pay a road toll or buy anything at a drive-in. I wouldn’t need to worry about reaching for my wallet or using multiple payment cards, making my journey easier and less stressful, allowing me to focus on the road and enjoy the driving experience.
- #1 Prize €6,000
- #2 Prize €3,000
- #3 Prize €1,000
Presentations with pictures or illustrations and text.
To be accepted, your entry has to be original. We don't want to see ideas that are already produced by Toyota or other car manufacturers.
Guidelines for this contest
- Include pictures or illustrations to make it easy to visualize your entry, with some explanation of the idea and why you think a driver or passengers would use it.
- Your entry has to be made in English.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.