Can you create an emotional connection between Toyota and Toyota owners?
When I say “Toyota”, you think of a car. Yet Toyota owners experience many feelings, create many stories and special moments. Owning a Toyota is about more than just buying a car. How could we illustrate the special role that our cars play in people’s lives? What feelings and passions can the brand evoke?
Create a powerful, engaging story that brings to life the strong feelings and emotional connection between a Toyota and its owner(s).
Your story could be funny, dramatic, emotional, loving, inspirational, aspirational… it needs to provoke a warm, positive reaction and make viewers really feel the bond between Toyota cars and Toyota owners. It could be a simple vignette of someone getting his or her first car, or a special moment that happens in a Toyota and will be forever linked with the brand. You have complete creative freedom.
But remember: the focus is on the feelings and the people, not the cars!
Toyota will use the winning content to inspire its communication and, if the quality and story is good enough, it will be shown on its social media channels and possibly on broadcast media.
We are giving you examples to help you understand what we expect. Please do not copy these in your submission, as it will be rejected.
For example, you could create a story about a young couple that just started dating. They drive their Toyota to the beach for a picnic but the weather suddenly changes and it starts raining. They stop by the side of the road and, while it is pouring outside, decide to have a picnic in their car. It is spacious and comfortable inside. They switch on the music, recline the seats and enjoy their food in a very impromptu yet romantic fashion. You can feel in this special moment that they both have found the one to spend the rest of their lives with - and that includes the special brand of car that will accompany them in their future life journey as a couple.
- #1 Prize €20,000
- #2 Prize €9,000
- #3 Prize €4,000
Video or animation up to 45 seconds.
We are looking for high quality content that makes people feel something special about Toyota and understand the feeling that only Toyota can offer them.
The main focus of your creation should be on the feelings and the people, not the cars. Don’t make a standard car commercial, as it will be rejected.
We are looking for original stories and great creative execution so don't copy what’s already out there. Be original, creative and provoke a positive reaction from your audience.
Guidelines for this contest
- Entries in English or subtitled in English.
- You can feature a Toyota in your entry but if you do not have access to one it is not a problem: the focus is on people, not cars. Obviously don’t show any other car brands.
- You can read more about Toyota’s ‘Oh What a Feeling” brand manifesto here.
- In your video or animation, include the ‘Oh What a Feeling’ musical sting (jingle), the logo jumper and end frame resolve at the end of your creation. The end frame is 3.5 seconds and should stay that way. You can download the materials here.
- Note that when using the musical sting on the end frame:
- The sting should be timed to run over the end frame.
- The ‘Oh What a Feeling' notes should be in sync with the jump visual and the 'Toy-ot-a' notes should be in sync with the Toyota logo visual.
- The sting must be clearly heard, without voice over, sound effects or any other audio playing simultaneously.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.