Make your loved brands better brands!
The relationship between brands and consumers is changing.
People used to only care about buying good products at a good price. Now they care more about how these products are made and how the brands behind them act for the greater good of society and the environment.
Consumers want “better brands”. How could brands change to become “better” in the future?
Are better brands those that have greener packaging, made with more sustainable materials?
Brands that care not only about profits but about other aspects of your life and the people they affect? Will better brands be those that only offer useful products?
What if brands did not advertise anymore? What kind of conversation would these better brands have with their consumers? How can they collaborate with their consumers towards a greater good?
There is a movement that was started in France called the “Movement for positive marketing”. This movement was initiated by a group of people to embody this change!
Because time and tide wait for no man, take part in the revolution and invent ways to make brands better. We are looking for any creator who is interested in being part of the Movement for positive marketing to participate in this contest. In addition to prizes, you will be quoted in a White Paper that will be released before August 2013.
Pick one brand that you like (an international brand, or at least very well known in your region) and show us how it could become a better brand.
Express visually what your chosen brand could do to become better: closer to customers, more human, more sustainable etc.
You are free to reinvent :
- the products or services (new products or improvements of existing ones) ,
- the experience (how people shop or use the products) or
- the communication (the adverts, the events, the web presence)
You can either cover one area or all three.
We are giving you an example to help you understand what we expect. Please do not copy this in your media as it will be rejected.
Example of an entry: Nike is your favorite brand. In terms of shopping experience, Nike could organise special days where instead of buying sneakers for yourself you would contribute to buy some for poor children in your area. This is a social initiative towards those in need that is very positive.
Another example: Evian could put the carbon footprint of production on each bottle of water, so that consumers are aware of the impact of their purchase.
An example about communication: Imagine that in the future brands stop advertising completely because people don’t want to be bothered by ads. So Toyota asks their customers to describe what they like about their Toyota in short videos and publish them. This would be the only communication strategy the brand uses.
- #1 Prize €1,000
- #2 Prize €500
Presentations with pictures, illustrations and text.
We will award the most original entries and the creators who have found the best ideas that encompass the concept of positive marketing and better brands. You can really go for it and break the mold, we will be very interested in the “craziest” and challenging ideas.
Guidelines for this contest
- Better brands means: more sustainable, closer to people, more human, more authentic and those that have a vision, beyond selling products only.
- The brand that you pick for this contest can either be one that you like or one that you don’t like (hence you want to change it).
- If you can’t think of a brand or need some guidance you can ask our community managers to suggest a brand for you to work on.
- Your entry must be in English or French.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.