Show how hairdressers can turn everyday drama into feel good stories.
New Editorial News
Good news!!! The Hairdressers Salon contest is extended for 2 more weeks. You now have till July 24th to send us your funny video/animation showing how a hairdresser can save the day.
You now have enough time to work on this contest. So now is a new chance for you to end among the final winners and win up to10,000€.
Remember that you don’t need to film in a real salon, a similar place would fit perfectly as long as you create the same atmosphere.
Good luck everyone!!
Hairdressers face a lot of pressure. They are expected to make absolutely anyone look fabulous - it’s not an easy job!
Hairdressers also have to be sociable, to be able to talk to and be nice to anyone, even difficult clients. On top of this, they have to be creative, have a sparkling personality and always be bang on trend!
When a total stranger walks into your salon, you have to be able to understand what they want and advise, cut and style their hair. Clients can obviously get angry with you if you make them wear a hat for months… Can you imagine how hard it is to handle tough clients?
In a creative and light-hearted video or animation, show us an unexpected and fun story about how a hairdresser working in a salon handles a difficult client and provides a solution that makes everyone happy.
In the end, a hairdresser can always solve tricky situations. Your video or animation should show that they can save the drama and that they can be trusted with your hair!
Your creation must be really fun and make viewers want to share it with their friends. The best ones will be shown online, on Facebook or other social media platforms.
In terms of tone, please keep it light-hearted. Humor is more than welcome but it must be balanced and neither clients nor hairdressers should be degraded.
This contest is for Londa Professional, a brand of professional hair care products.
TIPS: We are giving you an example to help you understand what we expect. Please do not copy this in your media as it will be rejected.
Example of an entry: a blonde girl comes into a salon and asks to have her hair dyed black. The hairdresser tries to explain to her that this might not be a very good idea - she has very pale skin and her dress style is very girly. Black hair wouldn’t fit her personality. She insists, so the hairdresser has no choice and gives her what she wants. When she sees the results, she is shocked by her new look and gets angry at the hairdresser. He replies, “I did warn you, but you insisted!” The girl throws a tantrum… then the hairdresser has an idea: he shows her some pages in a magazine about goth style. He tells her she is now an ‘emo’ and that’s very trendy too, she just has to buy new, all black clothes. She is comforted by this perspective and leaves the salon happy.
- #1 Prize €5,000
- #2 Prize €3,000
- #3 Prize €2,000
Videos and animations no longer than 45 seconds.
We will award the most creative, fun and clever videos. Only high quality videos will be considered.
Guidelines for this contest
- We need to feel the passion that the hairdresser has for his job as well as the idea that he can solve any problem or situation.
- Maximum length of your video is 45 seconds.
- You do not have to feature any hair care products in your entry. If you do so, please avoid showing any products that is not from Londa Profesionnal.
- Please submit your entry in English or any language as long as it is English subtitled.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.