Encourage people to visit fascinating Turkey with a surprising story!
Some of you are asking for more tips for Turkish Tourism Board contest, so we found some Turkey trip reviews from lonelyplanet. We hope you will find some inspirations here and the reviews will trigger your imagination !
Good news: We heard you and you now have more time to work on this contest! The Turkey contest is extended for 2 additional weeks. You now have till July 9th to send us your amazing creation. Don't forget we have EUR 10,000 to win :)
We added one video in the brief for you to download, you can use the video for your entry :)
Turkey has recently become one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world, largely due to it’s unique culture where Europe meets Asia. In Turkey you will find breathtaking natural beauty, unique historical sites and endless white beaches. Istanbul is one of the most fascinating cities in the world, as it sits right at the intersection of two continents. Turkey is a country that offers very rich experiences for all tastes.
There are amazing things to do in Turkey: in the region of Olympos you can sleep in a tree house and enjoy a hippie party. You can ride wild horses at Spil-Dagi National Park. You can drive from Europe to Asia in one minute! You can explore secret bays in Daylan. You can enjoy the beauty of Agia Sophia, one of the oldest churches in the world that has been converted into a mosque. And so much more…
Using your own experiences or imagination, show us how Turkey fascinates you, through an inspiring and very original video or animation that reveals a surprising and unexpected side of Turkey. We want to create a buzz on the Internet and inspire people to visit the country.
Your story should be totally surprising and show an unexpected side of Turkey. People should want to share it with their friends because it is so original and astonishing.
The great hospitality and kindness of Turkish people should also be communicated.
The quality of execution is important. The videos or animations will be used to promote Turkey as a destination for all tastes, in Europe and around the world.
TIPS: (We are not giving the answers, just thought starters, so please do not make your work look exactly like our examples)
It’s not a problem if you haven’t visited Turkey before as we all know something about this country. Use your imagination! You could start by picking a video or picture, for example a busy street in the Spice Bazar of Istanbul. Something unexpected happens, that the traveler hadn’t planned… the situation becomes incredible in a very positive way and everyone is amazed by the great experience.
Look up places like Cappadocia, Fetiye, Ephesus, Istanbul, Daylan or Pamukkale and get inspired by these amazing places. Think about the kind of emotions they can inspire in visitors and bring these feeling to life!
- #1 Prize €5,000
- #2 Prize €3,000
- #3 Prize €2,000
Video or animation no longer than 30 seconds.
We will award the most original and attractive videos or animations. The jury will be looking for creations that show an unexpected side of Turkey.
Guidelines for this contest
- Be original, go beyond the typical tourism adverts that promote a country by showing well-known scenery and clichés.
- Please do not just compile the footage provided. Tell us a personal story!
- Do not mention political or religious topics in your entry.
- Your entry must be in English or subtitled in English.
- Please use logo provided here and tagline “Turkey fascinates you”.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.