Show us how you could get more out of life, creatively with a Samsung Galaxy S4!
Life today is full of possibilities, fun and opportunities… there is so much that we can’t always do it all! Samsung believes in being imaginative and creative to help people discover more and get more out of their world. This means inventing fun new ways of doing things. Its new Galaxy S4 is packed with innovative, intuitive and simple features that let you do things that were just not possible before so that you can experience more of what life has to offer and have fun! Take these three for example:
- Sound and Shot: Record a 9 second audio clip with your photos to capture and share the memory even more vividly.
- Dual Shot: Simultaneously use front and rear cameras to capture that “I was there” moment in a single shot!
- Drama Shot- Effortlessly capture a series of actions in one photo using staggered motion-capture pictures.
We need your help to create excitement about Samsung and its amazing Galaxy S4!
Create an original, surprising and quirky video with an unexpected twist in which one of the highlighted features of the Samsung Galaxy S4 allows you to do creative and out of the ordinary things to get more out of your life and have fun!
It should be an engaging story, not just an ad. We are looking for high quality, dynamic, fun and original videos that will make viewers want to watch again and again and share with their friends.
It is not mandatory to show the Galaxy S4. You can talk about it, its cool factor and its features without showing it.
Choose one of the three features we highlighted to include in your story.
Your hero(es) needs to be a reflection of the Samsung brand: fun, confident, dynamic, creative and full of imagination.
We are giving you examples to help you understand what we expect. Please do not copy these literally as your media will be rejected.
It is Jane’s birthday and her girlfriends are treating her to a concert. They know that she is a fan of a local indie band and of its handsome, boyish lead singer. They arrive at a small venue where the band is playing live. The music is great, there are good vibes but it is very packed and Jane is disapointed that she cannot even get close to the stage to see her idol. Her friend asks to borrow her Samsung Galaxy S4. She passes the phone from one person to another until someone in front of the stage gets hold of it. He signals the lead singer who suddenly jumps on stage, flipping his guitar to reveal a message pasted on the back of it. The crowd erupts in cheers but not one could see what the message was. The phone is being passed back to Jane. To her surprise, she can see a drama shot that shows all the steps of the singer’s jump, and the special message on the guitar’s back that reads” Happy Birthday Jane!” Her girlfriends planned it all. She is over the moon! Now everyone is suddenly passing on their phones to the front of the stage and asking for a similar performance. The band and the overwhelmed lead singer retreat and you can hear him saying: “but your phones can’t even do that!”
- #1 Prize €20,000
- #2 Prize €5,000
- #3 Prize €2,500
Video or animation of 30 to 45 seconds.
The ideal entry would be original and surprising enough to become the next big viral hit! It should underline how the GS4 will have a positive impact in someone's life with a strong and original idea/storyline, high quality creative execution and viral power.
Guidelines for this contest
- Your entry needs to be in English.
- We are not looking for an ad for the Samsung Galaxy S4 but an original video.
- It is not mandatory to show the Galaxy S4. You can talk about it, its cool factor and its features without showing it.
- Don’t show older Samsung products, as we want to focus on the Galaxy S4 alone.
- No slapstick, toilet humor or sexual content.
- No comparison with or mentions of other brands.
- Avoid portraying children as we would like to appeal to young adults.
- Don’t use Samsung music or advertising elements. We don't want your work to feel like an ad.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.