Could choosing smart appliances empower you to lead a better everyday life?
Whether going to university, moving home, getting your first job, getting married or having children, there are challenging times in your life when you need to make smart choices while staying optimistic, honest and authentic. Beko, one of the largest providers of white goods, believes that smart choices begin at home.
Beko offers a full range of washing machines, dryers, dishwashers, stoves, ovens, refrigerators, vacuum cleaners, toasters, irons and coffee machines that are designed to protect both your budget and the environment by saving on resources without sacrificing quality or design. All Beko products offer smart technologies with stylish functional design. The idea of saving resources is key for the company: its products are best in class globally for energy and water consumption savings and its factories are designed to be environmentally friendly.
Beko needs your help to create a compelling, optimistic story and a visual to convince people that choosing the right home appliances has the power to change their lives and the world around them for the better.
Tell us a short, original story with a visual that shows how making smarter choices with smart appliances lead to a better home, a better life, and ultimately a better world. It should be optimistic and compelling, as told by a passionate, youthful and dynamic person who puts a smile on your face and hope in your soul.
Beko is a youthful company that is really passionate about making a difference in people's lives. Your story should reflect that sense of optimism and the idea that people can make a positive difference through their purchase choices.
Don't make an ad for Beko! We want a nice, short story with a beautiful visual that really brings to life how smart choices and smart appliances can lead to a better home, a better life and a better world. The idea is that the visual will draw people in and make them want to read your short story. Don't worry if you are not confident about writing beautifully, we are more interested in the story itself, not necessarily how gifted you are as a writer. Just lay down your thoughts.
You can design the layout of your story and visual however you like – the picture could be beside, above or below the text.
We are giving you an example to help you understand what we expect. Please do not copy this in your media as it will be rejected.
Example of an entry:
- Visual: It is the evening. A young woman is proudly displaying a flower arrangement she made from both flowers and recycled compact discs, placed on a beautifully designed washing machine that is silently washing the laundry in a small kitchen. Her husband is looking at her work with admiration while holding a sleeping baby. You can really feel the peaceful, positive vibes that come out of this lovely family scene.
- Short accompanying story: Mary loves nature and art. Although she lives in a crowded city, she likes to decorate her home with flowers, as she believes that it creates a better environment for her husband and young child. When the old washing machine she inherited from her mother broke down, she chose a Beko as a replacement. With its sleek, compact design it fits nicely into the kitchen and the company's green credentials appealed to her. What's best is that it is so silent that it won't disturb the precious peaceful environment she has created in her flat. And the money she saved will go a long way towards fulfilling her dream of turning her apartment into a garden, filled with her own pieces of art.
- #1 Prize €3,000
- #2 Prize €1,500
- #3 Prize €500
Pictures, illustrations, photography, sketches with text.
We are looking for great stories and visuals that show how Beko's smart appliances can have a positive impact onto someone's life. It should reflect a tone of optimism in the face of the challenges today’s generations face in the world.
Your stories and visuals will guide Beko on how it should communicate its passion for changing your lives for the better in a simple, concise, engaging and optimistic manner.
Guidelines for this contest
- Your entry must be in English.
- Please include only one visual to illustrate one story. Your story should be included in your entry, do not write it in the media description.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.