Create an interactive, eye-catching multi-sensory in-store display for hair care products!
Using a hair care product is a pleasure. Shampoos, conditioners and creams are colorful and attractive. They smell good, they are easy to carry and nice to use. But it is not always fun to shop for hair care products. There are so many products in the aisle that there isn’t a single one that really stands out.This is because hair care product displays don’t attract much and have difficulties to engage with consumers. The only thing people can currently do is to open a bottle of shampoo to smell it, put it back and try another one…. This leaves a lot of room for creativity!
Can you come up with a product display that would immediately grab the attention of a busy shopper? A product display that would stop people in their tracks and make them want to interact with it? A product display that would turn choosing a hair care product into a great experience, appealing to all five senses?
Your challenge is to create an innovative hair care product display that is attention-grabbing and that engages all five senses, allowing customers to interact with the products and thereby making them more likely to buy them.
Your product display idea has to immediately attract the attention of consumers, it must stand out among all the other products and displays competing for attention in a shop. It must make them want to interact with it, to obtain information, to feel the products, to touch them, to experience them... Try and engage all five senses as far as possible: sight, hearing, smell, touch and taste.
Your product display ideas should be designed for supermarkets, grocery stores or drugstores and could take the form of a stand, something that is at the end of the shelves or any other format that can be implemented in a hair care products aisle.
TIPS: We are giving you examples to help you understand what we expect. Please do not copy these exactly in your entry as it will be rejected.
To start creating your entry, put yourself in the shoes of a typical shopper. They walk through the door of a supermarket, go about their shopping and may or may not end up in the hair care products aisle, which is packed with competing products and displays. How can you attract their attention from the moment they walk in and direct them to a special corner of the store or into the hair care aisle of the supermarket? You could use stickers on the floor, music, lights with special effects, something attached to shopping trolleys... How would you get people to notice your display? How would it grab their attention and their interest? You could consider a stand with a totally revamped shape, or interaction with real products – for example, you could have a real coconut to taste in order to promote coconut products. What about product samples? How can technology play a role in the overall display? When you connect with a hair care brand, imagine all the sensory information that is important: what you see, smell, touch, hear and potentially taste. Tell us what happens with your display.
Your creativity has no limits here!
- #1 Prize €1,250 up to €2,500
- #2 Prize €750 up to €1,500
- #3 Prize €500 up to €1,000
* Jury’s Prizes reflect the brand’s decision to acquire Intellectual Property. When no intellectual property is acquired, eYeka guarantees that 50% of the full Prize amount is awarded. When the brand acquires the intellectual property rights to the entries, the full amount is awarded.
Print: presentations, photos and illustrations with text.
We will only accept design ideas that are unique, original and that engage many or all of the five senses (sight, hearing, smell, touch and taste). We will award creators who find the best way to capture the attention of a man or woman, while involving as many senses as possible through an interactive product experience, made possible by your innovative display.
Guidelines for this contest
- This contest is for a brand that we cannot communicate about so we call it Hair Care Brand. To create your display, please use the logo in the toolkit. Do not create a logo or a new brand name, this is not the purpose of the contest.
- Your display is for hair care products such as shampoo, conditioner, cream or hair sprays.
- Your display could be aimed at men, women or both.
- Submit your entry in English.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.