Surprise us with a new world where everything is “better” than it should be with i40
Most of the time, things are exactly as we expect them to be, which is fine. But when reality surpasses our expectations, here comes the “surprise”,” joy” and all the amazing feelings.
Do you remember when you were a child asking your parents for candy, and you ended up with an entire candy house? How happy that made you? Another example would be if a teenage boy plucked up the nerve to ask his dream girl on a date and instead she kissed him - how thrilled would he be?
Hyundai believes that new thinking brings new possibilities. The world can be so different when everything is “better” than it should be. For example, Hyundai’s new i40 is a better business car than it should be considering its affordable price. Besides the remarkable European design, high level of comfort and advanced high-tech features, it also has an impressive interior that provides great functionality as well as comfortable space without compromising the quality of the material. You’ll be pleasantly surprised when you drive it.
Create an engaging and surprising viral video that shows what happens in a new world where everything is “better” than it should be. Make it fun, intense and unexpected.
You must end your video with the end-frame provided, introducing the i40. Your video must be engaging and original enough that people would want to share it with their friends. The idea is to spark their interest in the car and maybe even inspire them to book a test drive!
The best videos will be promoted online by Hyundai.
Think about what makes a video go viral: it could be funny, surprising, epic or moving... it provokes a reaction. Remember how you have felt in the past when things turned out much better than expected. Try to translate that feeling into your story and imagine what could happen next. For example, imagine that a manager is at the airport for a business trip. He purchases an economy class ticket at the counter, but when the attendant sees his Hyundai i40 car key (the key to the world of “everything is better”) she gives him a mysterious smile. When he gets on the plane, he realizes he has been led to the business class cabin and the flight crew is serving him a glass of champagne…
- #1 Prize €12,500
- #2 Prize €5,000
- #3 Prize €2,500
Videos & animation no longer than 60 secs in total (including the video/end frame you need to feature in your creation)
We will award the best quality and most engaging videos with the best potential to go viral.
Guidelines for this contest
- You can either end your creation with the Hyundai i40 video here (you can feature the whole video or part of it) or you can end it with the image of i40 (before the end-frame we provided in the next bullet point)
If you decide not to feature the Hyundai i40 video at the end of your creation, please end your video with the end-frame provided here
You do not need to show the car in your story as it will be featured at the end of your creation (you can if you want to but this is not a mandatory and will not be counted in the winning criteria).
Your video has to be of good quality. We will reject entries that do not reach a good standard of execution.
You can use pictures of the car provided here in your entry
- Include the Hyundai logo available here in your entry
- We accept entries in English and Russian
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.