Create convenient and attractive packaging so that customers can enjoy sweet bread on the go at any time of day.
New Editorial News
Hello, as requested, you will find below information about the number of product included in both kinds of Bimbo product:
Individual pack – there is no individual pack at this point. You can define how many slices you believe it would be good. Our suggestion would be 1 or 3.
Family pack -the Panque has 255gr (8 slides)
Individual pack has 4 pieces (125gr total)
Family pack has 8 pieces packed by 2 pieces each (250gr)
This is the way the products are available today. It doesn't mean you cannot propose something different. You are free to choose the quantity you want to include into your new packaging.
In Mexico, there is one food that is more popular and more loved than all others: sweet bread, known in Spanish as “Pan Dulce”. Sweet bread is commonly eaten at breakfast and dinner at home, usually with family and friends. It is a very traditional product that Mexicans of all ages love to eat!
Bimbo is the renowned brand leader in packaged sweet bread as well as sliced bread. Its flagship sweet bread products are “Mantecadas” and “Panqué”. Mantecadas are a type of spongy pastry similar to a muffin while Panqué is the Mexican name for pound cake. These products come in both individual and family formats.
Why do people only eat sweet bread at home for breakfast or dinner? This delicious treat should be enjoyed anytime, anywhere! Bimbo is looking for ideas that would encourage people to eat Panqués and Mantecadas on the go as snacks and at any time of day, not just at home at mealtimes.
Your challenge: To modernise sweet bread packaging. For the individual packets the emphasis should be on encouraging on the go consumption at any time of day and for the family format the packaging should make sharing easier and more convenient.
For the individual format, you should reinforce the idea of these products as snacks, suitable for eating anytime and anywhere, not just for breakfast or dinner. The packaging therefore needs to make it easy for Panqué or Mantecadas to be eaten whilst out and about: commuting to work, on the way to school, at a picnic with friends etc. For the family format, you should focus on making it more convenient and easier to share these products - create packaging that allows people to enjoy Panqué or Mantecadas with their family, friends and coworkers.
Important: we do not ask you to work on both products but you do have to work on both formats. This means that you choose Panqué or Mantecadas, for which you submit both a family and an individual packaging format.
Your ideas need to provide people with an enjoyable experience: you could make the products more convenient, easier to carry, better to share or more fun to eat! These ideas need to be new, modern and attractive to the customer, yet keep in mind that the Bimbo brand is traditional and deeply rooted in Mexican culture.
TIPS: You do not need to have extensive knowledge of Mexico or Mexican culture for this contest. Simply think about how to make a pack of sweet bread more attractive and convenient to eat at any time of the day in any situation.
- #1 Prize €2,500 up to €5,000
- #2 Prize €1,250 up to €2,500
- #3 Prize €600 up to €1,200
* Jury’s Prizes reflect the brand’s decision to acquire Intellectual Property. When no intellectual property is acquired, eYeka guarantees that 50% of the full Prize amount is awarded. When the brand acquires the intellectual property rights to the entries, the full amount is awarded.
Pictures, illustrations, sketches with explanations. We need to be able to create a 3D physical prototype (mock up).
We are expecting original, unique and well-executed pack ideas to reinforce the idea of Bimbo products as delicious and convenient snacks. You do however need to keep cost in mind whilst creating your entry. Your ideal pack has to be feasible without increasing the price of the product.
We will award entries that show different, modern packaging ideas for individual and family packs of Mantecadas or Panqué.
The winning entries will be used to make the actual future packs for Bimbo Mantecadas and Panqué.
Guidelines for this contest
- Submit two pack ideas: family and individual packs for either Panqué or Mantecadas.
- The product has to be seen. Do no create fully opaque packs.
- The Bimbo brand is traditional and is deeply rooted in Mexican culture - your challenge is to be innovative whilst ensuring the product packaging is easily recognizable as Bimbo
- Final costs of the packaging should be reasonable as it is a low cost, accessible product. Avoid glass packs, complicated handles, gift giveaways or sophisticated shapes. The future pack should not necessitate a price increase for the product.
- Your idea has to keep the product fresh and delicious. Do not create a pack that will corrupt the product.
- Respect the color of each product. Mantecadas are orange and Panqués are red.
- Please use logos and product shots provided here.
- You may use English or Spanish in your entry.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Keep the source files / working files of your entry until the winners have been announced as they may be needed.
- Your participation must comply with the rules you accepted when you joined the contest.
- Your entry has to be your own work to be considered into the contest. If you have included protected elements (music, photographs, designs, fonts, etc.), make sure to fill in the Legal Information section when you upload. You may be asked to provide the authorizations and licenses to use such elements.
- You must be able to provide the written authorizations from each of the authors and actors who have contributed to the entry.
- Do not depict sexual, violent, religious, political content or any illicit content as per the rules.
- Any entry that fails to comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.