Imagine how Samsung’s "Designed For" motto and features could impact your life.
New Editorial News
We wanted to clarify some point about the brief so, the message bellow might help you to better get what we are expecting.
Tell us in your video how Samsung enables you to do things better, faster and easier. Please remember that we are not looking for a product demo, well, you can explain briefly how the features work, but still, imagine a personal and true story.
For example, let's imagine a guy, Alex, finds in his belongings an old school year photo when he was 10 years old. He decides to scan it and wants to find his very old best friend Jim, from this time. So Alex crops the face of his friend Jim with his S Pen and sends it by email to another friend of his: Sarah that he still sees. Alex asks Sarah if she knows him and how he could find Jim. Sarah can reply with an article in a magazine where the lost friend Jim appears. Sarah has cropped Jim's face from a crowd and says: "look, that's him there, receiving a prize for his university success. Finally, they managed to meet up.
You see, Samsung is not a magician, the Samsung's new features were just Designed for an easier life.
Samsung is a relentless discoverer. Its discoveries empower people and inspire them to experience new possibilities. Samsung’s motto is: “Designed for”. It means that they design products and create features FOR you to truly help you in your daily life to complete the tasks you care about.
Recently, Samsung has invented two new features that break the mold.
One is the stylus S Pen, available on Galaxy Note II. With this stylus, you can hand write your command on the pad and it will send an email, a text message or anything you’d like to do. You can conveniently write down directions, phone numbers, and other information while on a call; Popup Note will intuitively open when you pull out the S Pen. You can also crop an image from any screen to save or share easily. Easily select text by drawing a line. With Paper Artist you can transform any photo into a hand-drawn work of art.
The other new feature is Smart Stay, available on Galaxy S III. With this feature, your phone automatically recognizes when you are looking at the phone, whether it is to read an e-book or browse the web. The front camera looks deep into your eyes and maintains a bright display for continued viewing pleasure. When you stop looking at the screen of your phone, it will go to sleep mode in order to save your battery.
Regardless of whether you own a Samsung phone or not, the S Pen on Galaxy Note II and Smart Stay on Galaxy S III are worth talking about. That is why we need your creative talent.
Create an engaging and original story about how S Pen or Smart Stay could have a great impact on your life, in the spirit of Samsung’s “Designed For” motto.
Create your own personal story of how S Pen or Smart Stay could empower you to get things done. Prove that they could have a positive impact on your life.
To get inspired by the infinite possibility that offer these two features, you might want to look more precisely at the functionalities.
For Stylus Pen, check this.
For Smart Stay, check this.
- #1 Prize €10,000
- #2 Prize €5,000
- #3 Prize €2,500
Videos or animation no longer than 30 sec.
We are not looking for product features demonstrations. We will reward videos that best show how S Pen or Smart Stay could have an impact on your life while illustrating “Samsung designed For” motto. The best videos will be engaging and original.
Guidelines for this contest
All entries that do not follow these guidelines will be rejected.
- Good quality of execution is key here.
- Do not make a TV ad for Samsung : we are not looking for features demos but for personal and inspirational stories.
- Keep in mind that Samsung is a pioneer and a leader so please avoid : toilet humor, pranks, cheesy executions and obscene ideas.
- You DO NOT HAVE to show a Samsung product. If you choose to do so, please do not show other Samsung product than Galaxy Note II or Galaxy S III.
- Do not show any product from other brands.
- Do not showcase kids addicted to smart phones or tablets.
- Do not address green issues.
- If your entry has words or if your characters speak, this must be in English or any other language as long as it’s English subtitled.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Your media has to be your own creation to be considered into the contest.
- You must have obtained written permission from each of the authors who have contributed to the media.
- If you have used elements (music, photographs, designs, etc.) that are not yours, please state in your media description whether or not the music and/or image(s) you used is/are your own creation and provide links to the license granting you the rights of using it.
- eYeka will ask you to provide written proofs or a copy of all written documents confirming such authorizations enabling eYeka and its clients to use the media pursuant to the terms of the Rules of the contest.
- Media that does not comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.
- Keep a high-quality version of your creation to be used if you are selected as a winner.
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address etc.)