Refresh Lipton milk tea with a bright and exciting packaging and a catchy name.
Milk tea is a popular tea drink. It is loved by people for its indulging taste and varied flavors. It is now available in a convenient 3-in-1 instant milk tea format (milk+tea+sugar).
The experience of milk tea is unique because it takes tea drinking to a new level – with rich flavors, indulging creaminess but also the goodness and caffeine boost from tea. It is often enjoyed during afternoon tea or any snacking time when you need a pick-up. It is as indulging and recharging as instant coffee but with additional healthy benefits from real tea (such as flavonoids and theanine).
Lipton wants to bring this experience to life and make the joy of instant milk tea more exciting and appealing. This exciting mix needs a refreshing presence on the store shelves and a catchy and engaging name. Above all, it needs a new design that embodies the “brightness” and “excitement” of the brand.
Give a refreshingly new presence to Lipton milk tea by creating a bright and exciting packaging and a relevant and engaging name for it.
Create something refreshingly original that still fits well in people’s daily lives. Normally milk tea goes with a box packaging with several small sachets in it (please find the current packaging here for your reference). You can choose to work on the current format and put an exciting touch through fantastic artwork or you can completely change its format but please do consider the practicality and convenience when people are buying it, storing it, and drinking it. Think about the nature of milk tea as a vibrant and recharging drink and try to embrace that through your design. You should also think about what could be the different flavors in order to create a full range and give a name to each flavor (you can choose the flavors like green tea milk tea, vanilla milk tea; etc.). They should be bundled under an exciting range name.
Tips from eYeka: (we are not giving the answers but just thought starters so please do not make your work look exactly like our examples)
You can start thinking about what’s so good about milk tea. It can be purely about the classic and sophisticated nature of the product, an indulging “pick-me-up” drink. It can dial up the tea and milk story. It can start with the fun and exciting moments when you enjoy it with other snacks.
- #1 Prize €1,500 up to €3,000
- #2 Prize €750 up to €1,500
- #3 Prize €250 up to €500
* Jury’s Prizes reflect the brand’s decision to acquire Intellectual Property. When no intellectual property is acquired, eYeka guarantees that 50% of the full Prize amount is awarded. When the brand acquires the intellectual property rights to the entries, the full amount is awarded.
Pictures, illustrations, sketches with explanations.
Lipton is expecting fresh and original designs that can give Lipton milk tea a refreshing presence on the shelf and a name that people would find catchy to talk about. Think out-of-the-box but still make it practical and convenient for people to use.
The winning entries will be rewarded and made into the real packaging and name for Lipton milk tea.
Specific guidelines for this contest:
• Your entry must be in English
• You entry should include the graphic of the packaging design and the name (the range name and the proposed flavor names) and explanation on what’s the idea behind.
• Please use the Lipton yellow (10%M 100%Y) in your design.
• If you choose to work on the current format, please make sure the packaging designs include both the box and the sachet.
• You can download the lipton logo here.
• The packaging design and name will be launched in South East Asia markets. Please do not include any element that disrespects Asian cultures (sexual connotation, racial or religious mentions, etc.) in your creation.
eYeka standard guidelines
• Please prepare a single file (PPT/PDF presentation) if you are submitting prints or documents with multiple pages.
• Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address etc.)
• Keep a high-quality version of your creation to be used if you are selected as a winner.
• Your media has to be your own creation to be considered into the contest.
• You must have obtained written permission from each of the authors who have contributed to the media.
• If you have used elements (music, photographs, designs, etc.) that are not yours, please state in your media description whether or not the music and/or image(s) you used is/are your own creation and provide links to the license granting you the rights of using it.
• eYeka will ask you to provide written proofs or a copy of all written documents confirming such authorizations enabling eYeka and its clients to use the media pursuant to the terms of the Rules of the contest.
• Media that does not comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.