Carrefour's 20th anniversary: How can a hypermarket be so large yet fit so well into families' lives?
Next year is Carrefour's 20th anniversary in Turkey, where it is known as CarrefourSA. It has been a pioneer of the “let’s visit the hypermarket” concept as well as the first to host under one roof a huge selection of products from food to household goods to clothing, giant parking lots, multiple check-out lines, roller-skating store clerks , all combined with extensive choice and great deals that transformed household shopping into a joyful family experience. CarrefourSA also has supermarkets that carry the same experience wherever you are. Many memories were made in CarrefourSA through the years and many new ones are to be made at every visit.
CarrefourSA is known for its welcoming attitude, quality choice at great deals for the whole family and its reputation for fresh produce. Many employees have been working with the same passion from their first day for 20 years, making CarrefourSA much like a family itself. It is as dynamic and passionate as ever, with the vitality of a 20 year old combined with a trusted reputation. Since the choice, convenience and fun hypermarkets bring to families are universal, we think that regardless of where you are, you can use your creative mind to help CarrefourSA celebrate their 20th anniversary in Turkey!
How can a hypermarket be so large yet fit so well into families' lives? Celebrate 20 years of good memories and even greater memories to come in a 20th anniversary video or print that brings to life the bond between families, fresh choices and hypermarket pionneer CarrefourSA.
You could make a video, and/or a poster that can be used in the stores (double your chances of winning if you do a video and a poster).
In your entry, please create and add a 20th Anniversary logo (for example it can be a stand-alone anniversary icon or be an addition to the existing CarrefourSA logo like a ribbon, typography etc.) along with an anniversary tagline, and use the CarrefourSA logo.
Don't focus on Carrefour's French heritage. Although the company started in France, it is now a global retailer that appeals to everyone and most people see it as their local store.
Tips from eYeka: Remember the first time you have been to a hypermarket and how amazed you were by its size and the ability to buy everything you could think of, conveniently on display for you to choose from. Sometimes we take this for granted. Imagine how easy it is now for families who used to spend the whole day driving to multiple shops to get their essentials, and more. Now with the convenience, great choice and great shopping experience they can do all at once while having fun (and saving time for other things).
Some thought starters could be (do not just copy them, you will have better ideas on your own): a video shows a family 20 years ago who look amazed at the choice on offer on the aisle of a supermarket, today they look amazed and in 20 years we see them all grown-up but still amazed. Or another idea could be that Carrefour is actually part of the family, as a person, growing up over the last 20 years and the next...
Jury's Prize* Video
- #1 Prize €3,000 up to €6,000
- #2 Prize €1,500 up to €3,000
- #3 Prize €500 up to €1,000
Jury's Prize* Design
- #1 Prize €1,500 up to €3,000
- #2 Prize €750 up to €1,500
- #3 Prize €250 up to €500
* Jury’s Prizes reflect the brand’s decision to acquire Intellectual Property. When no intellectual property is acquired, eYeka guarantees that 50% of the full Prize amount is awarded. When the brand acquires the intellectual property rights to the entries, the full amount is awarded.
Video/Animation up to 30s, logo, poster
Your entry should stem from CarrefourSA’s truth that it is the first to introduce the hypermarket concept to Turkish shoppers’ lives and that more new memories are still to be made in CarrefourSA. It should reflect the dynamic and passionate character of CarrefourSA and focus on expertise on thousands of fresh choice at great deal.
Your entry should appeal to families with kids.
Your entry will be used in Turkey for the whole of 2013 to celebrate CarrefourSA's 20th anniversary, on mass media and in all of the stores so make your video and poster look good.
Specific guidelines for this Contest
- Your entry must be in English or any other language as long as it’s English subtitled.
- Do not make other brands' logos appear in your entries (for legal reasons).
- Use the Carrefour logo available here in your entry
- Don't forget to create and add a distinct 20th Anniversary logo that would work with the CarrefourSA logo provided, along with an anniversary tagline.
- If you feel that you need to go inside a Carrefour store to film or take pictures you will need an authorization from the local store manager.
- Make your entries look good as it will be featured for the whole year in stores, online and possibly TV/press.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address etc.)
- Keep a high-quality version of your creation to be used if you are selected as a winner.
- Your media has to be your own creation to be considered into the contest.
- You must have obtained written permission from each of the authors who have contributed to the media.
- If you have used elements (music, photographs, designs, etc.) that are not yours, please state in your media description whether or not the music and/or image(s) you used is/are your own creation and provide links to the license granting you the rights of using it.
- eYeka will ask you to provide written proofs or a copy of all written documents confirming such authorizations enabling eYeka and its clients to use the media pursuant to the terms of the Rules of the contest.
- Media that does not comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.