Sharing new memories in tomorrow’s zoo.
Have you ever been to a wonderful zoo? Have you ever had the chance to experience how magical and intense Antwerp Zoo is? This zoo is located in central Belgium in the city of Antwerp. It is the oldest animal park in the country and the fifth oldest in the world, established in 1843. Everyone in Belgium knows this place and has strong childhood memories there.
Antwerp Zoo started as a country club and evolved to the number 1 visitor attraction of Belgium. It is a green lung in the heart of the city, a place of encounter with a rich history. Now it starts an ambitious project of renovation and modernization, called: “Tomorrowʼs Zoo”. Antwerp Zoo is a modern zoo: the zoo of tomorrow. It is not a collection of caged animals but a habitat for multiple species that are endangered. A place where enrichment for animals as well as rich experiences for visitors takes centre stage.
Through a visual, we would like you to capture the spirit of Tomorrow’s Zoo with a balance of visual elements of the past and modernity, to entice people to visit Antwerp Zoo.
Your creation should express the tagline “Sharing new memories” capturing the magic and awe you felt when you first went to a zoo with a contemporary creative style execution (modern graphics, hip and trendy style).
Your visual must entice people to visit the zoo so make it look good and relevant to Antwerp Zoo. The winning visual will be used for all communication for Zoo Antwerp: (outdoor, web, flyers, tickets, prints, fundraising etc.)
TIPS: Think about your childhood memories when you first visited a zoo. What makes a zoo such a magical experience? Put yourself in the shoes of a kid who’s discovering these wonders. How can you capture the atmosphere of these happy days in a modern and original visual?
- #1 Prize €2,750 up to €5,500
* Jury’s Prizes reflect the brand’s decision to acquire Intellectual Property. When no intellectual property is acquired, eYeka guarantees that 50% of the full Prize amount is awarded. When the brand acquires the intellectual property rights to the entries, the full amount is awarded.
Illustration, Photography or mixed print media
We are looking for high quality visuals that express the spirit of Tomorrow’s Zoo: “Sharing new memories”. It should show how the history of Antwerp Zoo and the nostalgic feelings can continue to live today in a hip and trendy way, in tomorrow's zoo.
Specific guidelines for this Contest
- Do not solely focus on the past! Your visual must feel like a fusion of 2013 and 1953.
- Use the slogan: “Sharing new memories” in your entry
- Please download the logo of the Antwerp Zoo provided here.
- Keep in mind that we are not looking to see what a modern zoo in general is. You should express the specificity of Antwerp Zoo: a historical yet modern zoo.
- Please take a look at this mood board that will inspire and stimulate you. Please do not use any image of the mood board in your entry.
- Your visual could be part of a campaign that will be out next year where the old posters (the ones in the mood board) will be re-launched and nostalgic merchandise will be sold.
- Go to www.zooantwerpen.be or www.facebook.com/zooantwerpen to find out more about Antwerp Zoo.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Your media has to be your own creation to be considered into the contest.
- You must have obtained written permission from each of the authors who have contributed to the media.
- If you have used elements (music, photographs, designs, etc.) that are not yours, please state in your media description whether or not the music and/or image(s) you used is/are your own creation and provide links to the license granting you the rights of using it.
- eYeka will ask you to provide written proofs or a copy of all written documents confirming such authorizations enabling eYeka and its clients to use the media pursuant to the terms of the Rules of the contest.
- Media that does not comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.
- Keep a high-quality version of your creation to be used if you are selected as a winner.
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address etc.)