Create an original and engaging ice cream packaging that brings fun to kids!
Ice cream is a fun food for kids. Kids love ice cream not only because of its great taste but also because it can be engaging and interactive.It brings fun and lets kids play!
Unilever, one of the world’s biggest ice cream manufactures, under its Paddle Pop brand, provides great tasting products for kids to fulfill their happy and active childhood. The character, “Max the lion” is a companion to kids when they are exploring fun or having an adventure. It has been featured in movies, TV cartoons, website and online games, and also printed on the packaging.
Now it is looking for a truly groundbreaking packaging concept to bring more fun to the kids and let them play while enjoying their ice cream!
Create an original and engaging ice cream packaging that let kids play and explore the fun with cartoon character “Max the lion”.
A fun ice cream packaging concept should engage children in 5 senses (sight, sound, touch, taste and smell). It could spur a dialogue/interaction between Max the Lion and the kids, could be an adventure for kids to take part in, could be a game they can play, or something that lets them create or connect with other kids. It can be linked to the stories of Max the lion in movies, TV cartoons, website or online games or it can be something totally different as long as it is fun, engaging and playful.
Tips from eYeka: (we are not giving the answers but just thought starters so please do not make your work look exactly like our examples)
Think about what can engage kids to play. E.g. the packaging itself could contain pieces to be assembled into a toy or something they can play with. Or there could be some jigsaw puzzles hidden in the packaging, if the kids can find them all, it can form a map for a treasure hunt.
- #1 Prize €1,500 up to €3,000
- #2 Prize €750 up to €1,500
- #3 Prize €250 up to €500
* Jury’s Prizes reflect the brand’s decision to acquire Intellectual Property. When no intellectual property is acquired, eYeka guarantees that 50% of the full Prize amount is awarded. When the brand acquires the intellectual property rights to the entries, the full amount is awarded.
Pictures, illustrations, sketches with explanations.
We want to see original, fun and engaging ideas with a fresh packaging concept that bring fun to kids when they are having an ice cream. Think outside the box: Your idea has to be interesting and fun enough to engage kids! Your concept can give a role to “Max the lion”, because he is kids’ companion and ally in their playtime and adventure.
In addition to prizes, the winning ideas will be used to inspire new packaging for Unilever’s Max and Paddle Pop ice cream.
Specific guidelines for this CFE
- The “kids” we are talking about here are 7-10 years old.
- Your entry must be in English.
- You entry should include the graphic of the packaging design and explanation on how it can be played by the kids.
- You can include the character “Max the lion” in your creation. Please download the picture of it from here.
- For further inspiration on Max Adventures, you can go to: www.max-adventures.com
eYeka standard guidelines
- Please prepare a single file (PPT/PDF presentation) if you are submitting prints or documents with multiple pages.
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address etc.)
- Keep a high-quality version of your creation to be used if you are selected as a winner.
- Your media has to be your own creation to be considered into the contest.
- You must have obtained written permission from each of the authors who have contributed to the media.
- If you have used elements (music, photographs, designs, etc.) that are not yours, please state in your media description whether or not the music and/or image(s) you used is/are your own creation and provide links to the license granting you the rights of using it.
- eYeka will ask you to provide written proofs or a copy of all written documents confirming such authorizations enabling eYeka and its clients to use the media pursuant to the terms of the Rules of the contest.
- Media that does not comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.