Show teens how tampons make periods easy!
Periods are not exactly girls’ favorite time of the month. Not only are they constrained from doing certain activities (goodbye beach plans!), but they also have to deal with the random mood swings, and even paranoia that they are about to have some embarrassing leakage.
Besides a cup of warm tea, some sweet treats or maybe a caring boyfriend, what girls need at this time is protection that won’t fail them or let the whole world know that they’re having their period. We’re talking about tampons! Yet most teens are still using pads, as they don’t know what’s so good about tampons. It's time to spread the word!
Firstly, tampons give users a wet-free feeling so that they can enjoy a cleaner feeling during their periods. Secondly, it helps on the appearance – no visible pad line through tight clothing. Last but not least, tampons allow users greater freedom to move! No one will even suspect they are having their periods.
Create a fun, light-hearted and even a bit cheeky video/animation to show teens how tampons make periods easy.
Think about how to move and touch teens with an emotionally engaging story. You can get inspiration or ideas from the advantages that tampons offer as we mentioned earlier in the brief or completely think outside the box. Please try not to make direct comparison between tampons and pads or feature any pad brand in your creation.
Tips from eYeka: (we are not giving the answers but thought starters so please do not make your work look exactly like our examples)
You might want to start by putting yourself in the shoes of those teenage girls. They are young and active. They will feel uncomfortable during their periods but still want to enjoy period as much as ordinary days. Especially, they still want to wear their mini-skirt or skinny jeans as usual. They also still want to enjoy the sports they like. Or simply want to move as freely as they want. You could also imagine a contrast like a guy’s girlfriend who is in her period will still ask him out and have fun in a dance or even take a roller-coaster ride rather than shutting the door and staying indoor for a whole week, orsome dramatic scenarios like a group of girls having an adventure when one suddenly gets her period etc.
- #1 Prize €2,500 up to €5,000
- #2 Prize €1,500 up to €3,000
- #3 Prize €1,000 up to €2,000
* Jury’s Prizes reflect the brand’s decision to acquire Intellectual Property. When no intellectual property is acquired, eYeka guarantees that 50% of the full Prize amount is awarded. When the brand acquires the intellectual property rights to the entries, the full amount is awarded.
30 – 60 seconds video/animation
We do not want to see an educational video describing all the functional benefits of tampons but a fun, engaging and light-hearted story that can emotionally connect with teens and make them want to have a try with tampons. Do not do a hard-sell video but show us a piece of entertainment. It should be interesting and engaging enough that the audience would like to share it with their friends so it can become viral.
In addition to prizes, the winning ideas will be featured on world leading female hygiene brand o.b.’s social media channels.
Specific guidelines for this CFE
- You need to feature the o.b. logo in your creation. If you are featuring any tampon product in your creation, please also make sure it is from o.b. Please download the o.b. logo from here.
- Your entry must be in English, German, or other languages such as Russian and Portuguese with English subtitles.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address etc.)
- Keep a high-quality version of your creation to be used if you are selected as a winner.
- You must have obtained written permission from each of the authors who have contributed to the media.
- If you have used elements (music, photographs, designs, etc.) that are not yours, please state in your media description whether or not the music and/or image(s) you used is/are your own creation and provide links to the license granting you the rights of using it.
- eYeka will ask you to provide written proofs or a copy of all written documents confirming such authorizations enabling eYeka and its clients to use the media pursuant to the terms of the Rules of the contest.
- Media that does not comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.