Create a food product or supplement to help students prepare for and succeed in exams
To succeed in exams, the preparation phase is just as important as the examination itself. Take high school student A for example, entering university next year. Student A's life is about studying late, insufficient sleep , preparing for presentations and stressful tests... Student A could do with some regular help to enhance mental performance and be fully prepared during the exam “marathon”. One company has developed a unique and innovative ingredient, extracted from natural food, that is scientifically proven to deliver physical and mental performance benefits in the area of learning (attention, managing stress, cognition) and memory when taken over the long-term.
Create a winning and original concept for a ready-to-drink or ready-to-eat food product or supplement that is convenient to be taken by students over the long term to help them win in exams through improving learning and memory, having clear thinking and quick reactions.
Your new product could be eaten, taken as a drink, a jelly, a bar, a healthy snack, a tablet or capsules.
Your new product should deliver mental performance benefits in the area of learning (attention, managing stress, cognition) and memory, clear thinking and quick reaction and physical well-being. It will be aimed at students but also be attractive to parents to purchase for their children for support and encouragement in the midst of exam periods.
Think of the full product concept. This includes packaging, what goes inside, how to call your product and tell us why you think it is attractive and beneficial to students to consume during exam periods.
Don't tell us about energy drinks (they are just giving a quick fix and don't offer physical well-being in the long term), alcohol or traditional herbal remedies that need to be boiled for hours. We know students already take that. We are looking for something new, healthier, modern, innovative, convenient, enjoyable and tasty.
Tips from eYeka: There are a lot of brain boosters and supplements out there already aimed at students. Go one step further and rethink everything about them from the way they are taken, when, how, the packaging, the name and so on. We are looking for something new and original. You could start by thinking about the stress and demands of students' lives to see how your new product could fit into their lives.
- #1 Prize €1,500 up to €3,000
- #2 Prize €750 up to €1,500
- #3 Prize €250 up to €500
* Jury’s Prizes reflect the brand’s decision to acquire Intellectual Property. When no intellectual property is acquired, eYeka guarantees that 50% of the full Prize amount is awarded. When the brand acquires the intellectual property rights to the entries, the full amount is awarded.
Pictures, illustrations, sketches with explanations.
- Originality: We are looking for very original food product and supplement ideas that will standout among all the choices already available to students.
- Quality: Your product must reassure students that it is a serious, scientifically proven product that works.
- Narrative: Tell us the inspiration or big idea behind your product concept.
Specific guidelines for this contest
· You need to create a full product concept including packaging, what goes inside, a product name, and an explanation on why you think your concept can help students during exam periods and is convenient and user-friendly for consumption.
· No ideas that just copy what already exist, no alcohol based products, no energy drinks laden with sugar and caffeine.
· Your product will provide students with mental performance benefits including improved learning and memory, clear thinking and quick reaction and enhance their physical wellbeing.
· Think of a product that will be affordable, easily purchased and suitable for daily consumption.
· Entry has to be made in English, Chinese, or Korean.
eYeka standard guidelines
· Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address etc.)
· Keep a high-quality version of your creation to be used if you are selected as a winner.
· Your media has to be your own creation to be considered into the contest.
· You must have obtained written permission from each of the authors who have contributed to the media.
· If you have used elements (music, photographs, designs, etc.) that are not yours, please state in your media description whether or not the music and/or image(s) you used is/are your own creation and provide links to the license granting you the rights of using it.
· eYeka will ask you to provide written proofs or a copy of all written documents confirming such authorizations enabling eYeka and its clients to use the media pursuant to the terms of the Rules of the contest.
· Media that does not comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.