Wow us with the next generation of ice cream!
Ice cream is a frozen dessert usually made from dairy products, such as milk and cream, and often combined with fruits or other ingredients and flavors. You can have it in a cone, a cup with spoon, or on a stick. It comes with varied shapes, forms, flavors and even names across the different countries in the world but has always been popular and loved by people.
The time with ice cream is pure joy. And it still leaves a lot of space for people to create and reinvent. On the other hand, there are some people who are not too keen on ice-cream because they see it as unhealthy, find it a bit messy, or don't buy it as often as they might like to as it melts quickly. Or some people just don't like going to the supermarket aisle where ice cream is sold because it's too cold...
Maybe some innovation can make ice cream even more appealing to people and make the experience even better to enjoy.
Your challenge is to wow us with an original and revolutionary idea about the next generation of ice cream that makes people enjoy it better and love it even more!
We are looking for ideas that are beyond innovation on flavors or ingredients. Think about more groundbreaking ideas that change the experience it offers people or the occasion when people would like to have it, with a revolution on the packaging. Start thinking from a more holistic approach rather than small tweaks on the details, like what value or benefits this new ice cream can add to people’s lives, or how it is different from the way we have ice cream now; etc.
Tips from eYeka: (we are not giving the answers but just thought starters so please do not make your work look exactly like our examples)
Start from the experience when you are having an ice cream. Think about what you want to change on that experience, what you want to add and what you don’t want to have. E.g. it could be something like an ice cream that can last longer – with a small cooling device that you can enjoy it for longer without worrying it will melt. Or it can be ice cream that you can design by yourself – you can make you own mould and create your own shape of ice cream.
- #1 Prize €1,500 up to €3,000
- #2 Prize €750 up to €1,500
- #3 Prize €250 up to €500
* Jury’s Prizes reflect the brand’s decision to acquire Intellectual Property. When no intellectual property is acquired, eYeka guarantees that 50% of the full Prize amount is awarded. When the brand acquires the intellectual property rights to the entries, the full amount is awarded.
Pictures, illustrations, sketches with explanations.
We are looking for original and revolutionary product and packaging ideas that make the next generation of ice cream something really special and different. It should include visual expression of the product idea and packaging design with a short paragraph of description explaining your idea such as when you expect people to have it and why people would love it; etc.
Your idea could inspire a world-leading ice cream brand to invent and produce new ice cream products to serve people.
Specific guidelines for this contest
· Your entry must be in English.
· Your entry should include a visual of product idea AND a packaging design.
· You entry must include a paragraph of description to explain such as when you expect people to have it and why people would love it; etc.
eYeka standard guidelines
· Keep a high-quality version of your creation to be used if you are selected as a winner.
· Your media has to be your own creation to be considered into the contest.
· You must have obtained written permission from each of the authors who have contributed to the media.
· If you have used elements (music, photographs, designs, etc.) that are not yours, please state in your media description whether or not the music and/or image(s) you used is/are your own creation and provide links to the license granting you the rights of using it.
· eYeka will ask you to provide written proofs or a copy of all written documents confirming such authorizations enabling eYeka and its clients to use the media pursuant to the terms of the Rules of the contest.
· Media that does not comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.