Convince men to make a change with a new scalp tonic
CLEAR contest “Convince men to make a change with a new scalp tonic” will be extended until 15th October 2012.
This means more time for you to come up with a good idea :)
It’s hard to change a man, or even a small part of his life. The change has to be interesting and convincing enough for him to bother making it.
A lot of men have small or big problems with their hair, such as hair thinning or falling. It can happen at a young age or older. This is a very sensitive issue for men and most don’t want to make a big deal out of it, but it does affect their appearance and confidence.
There is a new solution from CLEAR – a new scalp tonic that can keep hair firmly rooted to prevent them from falling. What men need to do is just apply it daily on their scalp, massage and go! They don’t even need to rinse it! It takes only a few extra seconds in a man's daily routine to prevent hair from falling and become a more confident self!
Create a masculine, cool and bold video to convince men that a small change in their daily routine to include CLEAR new scalp tonic can make a huge difference on their life.
Imagine that you need to convince a man who is smart, fun, confident and maybe a bit hard to change (no man wants to admit he has a hair falling issue). Explain why the product is great but in an interesting, entertaining and memorable way. Interest and convince him by showing that spending a few extra seconds on applying the new product can make a huge difference in his life. Make him resonate with your masculine, cool and fun tone of voice.
Tips from eYeka:
You might want to start by putting yourself in the shoes of those men who are masculine, cool and confident in their lives (like Tony Stark in “Iron Man”) but slightly bothered by this hair falling issues. Think about how to make the product and the regime of applying the product relevant to his life. E.g. it could be small and quirky things like the product brings vigor and a bit of glamor to his hair, so he creatively makes a hairstyle that he always wants to try, which wows the ladies around him. Or it could be big difference like “the man suddenly possesses magic power that has an impact on others – people tends to agree with him on everything”; etc. Or dramatize the regime with a fun routine that all the men wants to have, maybe it is a part of the iron man’s “transformation” routine; etc.
- #1 Prize €2,500 up to €5,000
- #2 Prize €1,500 up to €3,000
- #3 Prize €1,000 up to €2,000
* Jury’s Prizes reflect the brand’s decision to acquire Intellectual Property. When no intellectual property is acquired, eYeka guarantees that 50% of the full Prize amount is awarded. When the brand acquires the intellectual property rights to the entries, the full amount is awarded.
Video/animation up to 60s
We are looking for original, fresh and new way to educate and entertain the male audience. Please create beyond the clichés. Your creation should have an overtly masculine, cool and confident tone of voice in order to connect with them. It should be engaging and interesting enough to become viral on social media and makes the product and your video the next hot conversation topic.
Your ideas will inspire the brand and their creative agency to develop a campaign for this new scalp tonic product.
Specific guidelines for this contest
- Make sure your creation fit with the brand personality of CLEAR: modern, cool, edgy, bold and confident
- As we said in the context, these men don’t want to make a big deal out of the problem. Help them to recognize the issue and show them the solution without dramatizing the problem.
- Try not to make your male protagonist like a playboy cause we are talking to men who have a job and do stuff.
- If you need to feature the Clear product, please download from here.
- Your entry must be in English or in other languages with English subtitles.
- Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address etc.)
- Keep a high-quality version of your creation to be used if you are selected as a winner.
- Your media has to be your own creation to be considered into the contest.
- You must have obtained written permission from each of the authors who have contributed to the media.
- If you have used elements (music, photographs, designs, etc.) that are not yours, please state in your media description whether or not the music and/or image(s) you used is/are your own creation and provide links to the license granting you the rights of using it.
- eYeka will ask you to provide written proofs or a copy of all written documents confirming such authorizations enabling eYeka and its clients to use the media pursuant to the terms of the Rules of the contest.
- Media that does not comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.