Create packaging that celebrates the “Real Taste of Good Food”
Packaging for food products can be very similar and pretty boring. Most don’t look appetizing or whet one’s appetite. Packaging for a supermarket’s own brands are typically the least attractive where the focus is price and quality is secondary.
A leading grocery store company is looking to develop a range of packaging that communicates the “real taste of good food” consistently across 4 broad categories of food products found in a typical grocery store.
- Natural and Essential: These are the basics such as milk, eggs, vegetables, pasta and rice. People value where the food comes from and what’s inside. E.g. Milk comes from Brittany and that’s why it’s good.
- Processed Foods: This includes foods like hotdogs (frankfurts, wieners) processed cheese (sliced cheese for sandwiches or hamburgers). People value how the food is made. E.g. Knacks hotdogs made with 100% pork meat and no artificial flavors and that’s why they are good.
- Homemade and Traditional: This incudes authentic or home made foods. People value how and what the product is made with. E.g. Jams or marmalade which are made with fruit and sugar and that’s why they are good.
- Indulgent Treats: These are treats like candy, ice-cream and chocolate. People like knowing why it is good. E.g. Chocolate made with 65% cocoa, that’s why it’s good.
Your challenge is to create packaging that celebrates the “real taste of good food”. Your packaging idea must stand out on the shelves, be modern and appetizing and importantly work consistently across 4 broad families of products while taking into account what consumers value.
Think about the store brands at your local supermarket, how does the packaging look? Is it attractive? What would you change to make it appetizing and communicate the idea of “the real taste of good food”?
Using pictures and logo in the attached file, show us how your packaging design can work across the 4 broad categories taking into consideration “real taste of good food” and what people value.
For inspiration, click here to see a list of typical elements included on packaging. Use only the elements that are important to you for your new packaging design.
- Download here images and logo to use for your new packaging design.
TIPS: Step into your kitchen or visit your local grocery store for inspiration. Look at the packaging and note what catches your eye or what stands out. Incorporate those elements into your design. Bring them to life in a modern and attractive manner.
- #1 Prize €1,500 up to €3,000
- #2 Prize €750 up to €1,500
- #3 Prize €250 up to €500
* Jury’s Prizes reflect the brand’s decision to acquire Intellectual Property. When no intellectual property is acquired, eYeka guarantees that 50% of the full Prize amount is awarded. When the brand acquires the intellectual property rights to the entries, the full amount is awarded.
Format: Print, illustrations.
We are looking for modern and authentic packaging designs that communicate the idea of the “Real taste of Good Food”.
Using pictures and logo in attached file, focus on creating a consistent visual look that can work across the 4 broad families of products.-
Your work on the Milk Brick Container, the Hotdogs Packaging, the Glass Pot and the Chocolate Bar will directly influence new packaging design for a large grocery store company.
Specific guidelines for this Contest
- Your design must include design that communicates the idea of “real taste of good food.”
- Your packaging designs must work across the 4 broad food categories and must include pictures of Milk Brick Container, Hotdogs Packaging, Glass Pot and Chocolate Bar with the attached logo.
- We are looking for authentic and modern designs. Please do not reflect the past or use “retro” designs.
- Your entry must focus on packaging design and not on re-inventing the shape or materials of existing packages.
- Please use the logo provided.
- Your entry must be in English.
eYeka standard guidelines
- Your media has to be your own creation to be considered into the contest.
- You must have obtained written permission from each of the authors who have contributed to the media.
- If you have used elements (music, photographs, designs, etc.) that are not yours, please state in your media description whether or not the music and/or image(s) you used is/are your own creation and provide links to the license granting you the rights of using it.
- eYeka will ask you to provide written proofs or a copy of all written documents confirming such authorizations enabling eYeka and its clients to use the media pursuant to the terms of the Rules of the contest.
- Media that does not comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.
- Keep a high-quality version of your creation to be used if you are selected as a winner.Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address etc.)